New nobel racepark irvine scotland

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by big mick, Mar 24, 2012.

1. big mick

big mick Member

[TABLE="class: tborder, width: 100%, align: center"]
    [TR]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: alt1, bgcolor: #202020"]hi just got this in an email from jim crossan of nobel racepark

Hi

You may have seen some press coverage recently, so I thought I’d update you on progress with the Nobel Race Park. We are still in the planning process, and there is one objection that may cause us some delay, but hopefully, nothing more than that.

The objection comes from Chemring who produce propellants at a plant at Ardeer. A Dutch Company who like testing these things in Scotland!!

The objection has two main components – which actually contradict each other. Firstly, they say that the land should not have use changed from industrial to leisure. This, despite that land being unused and unwanted for around 30 years, and the fact that there is actually a surplus of industrial land in the area.

The second objection, on the face of it more serious, is that our project falls with ‘exclusion zones’ set up to deal with the result of possible accidents at the plant. However, the ‘exclusion zones’ they are using were established when Nobel and later ICI were producing huge quantities of extremely volatile explosives, and not propellants used in the likes of car air bags.

It is also worth considering that they would seem to be happy to have industrial units there (presumably with workers), but not race-goers.

The Health and Safety Executive have looked into this and have raised no objection to our project, but rather have said that a review should be carried out on the practices at Chemring.

As I have said, this may cause delay. If you can, an email from you to the Head of Planning at North Ayrshire Council, copied to the local MP and MSP – Katy Clark and Kenny Gibson respectively indicating your support for the project might help.

Can you have as many of your like minded friends do the same?

Thanks.

Jim Crossan

[/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

2. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

cool! nice to see some people looking to open circuits/motorsport venues then people trying to shut them down!

3. scotiasx

scotiasx Active Member

On the case!! This looks alot more apealing than the track to windy crail!!

4. Rubix_Cube

Rubix_Cube Member

I've been speaking to them about using their skid pan for skids already :)

5. Jites

Jites Active Member

WIN! more places the better!

Scotland doesnt have it as good as you Englanders by a long shot

6. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

Will show my support as its only 10 mins down the road from me

7. AJB

AJB Member

More places to drift in Scotland the better :)

8. HOODS

HOODS Member

hope this goes ahead! would be great to have somewhere closer to home!!