New to the drift scene

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by DangerousFrank_E46, Jun 3, 2017.

1. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

Nah it's not supposed to discourage, it's a discussion board so discussion is what should happen. And it happens a lot when i've had a coffee (or three)

Hydraulic handbrakes are pretty topical though, you'd be hard pressed to find another element that divides opinions, apart from motor types. I've got a HH myself but survived ~4 years without one and if i had a caliper based handbrake i don't think i would have even fitted one

Re stripping the interior: you're in Perth so it probably doesn't matter as much, but on a rainy, cold track day having things such as carpet and a heater are things that actually improve the experience. Being able to demist the windscreen, not have puddles of water under your feet, able to have conversations with people in the car are the reason why full interiors are a win in my book. I'm an instructor and it makes my job a fuckload easier not having to yell at the top of my voice to be heard over a fart cannon

I can understand people who pull the rear seats out in order to fit spare wheels / tools for transport, but most people try and hide behind the idea of "free hp". Last time i looked power wasn't a prerequisite for learning, but having an enjoyable experience is. Keep in mind that one day you might want to sell the car too, and that having the option for someone to use it as a "daily drifter" widens your scope of potential buyers

• Like Like x 1