Nissan 200sx S13 ongoing project - CrossShots

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by CrossOverPics, Nov 8, 2012.

1. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

Did a few odd jobs yesterday in 33 degree heat.

Did an oil change for the first time since owning the car. (whoops) Surprisingly not that bad for being sod knows how old.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Put sideskirts on and screwed them on.

[​IMG]

Welded the seat to basemount rail and put that in, sits super low. sick.

[​IMG]

Attempted to fit front mount, but rusted side mount intercooler bolts said no.

[​IMG]

Then put some sponsor stickers on. Having family in the car business is alright.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then put it away, will get the sidemount off and front mount on as soon as possible, then it's drift time.

Also planning on getting my hubs chopped and welded by Mint Fab for more lock instead of pissing about with rack spacers.

2. DENZIL

DENZIL New Member

Nice little car

3. mikeyk

mikeyk Member

Looks Good!

4. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

[​IMG]

Sneak peak of the wheels I picked up today. Gon' be good!

#64 CrossOverPics, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  5. Bricey

Bricey Member

Picture doesn't work dude, good to see some updates on the car none the less!

6. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

Oops sorry, should be fixed.

7. Dastardly

Dastardly Member

Liking that wheel

8. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

Went to Norfolk Arena on the 11th October for some skids,

Car performed amazingly as always, seemed very sluggish mind. Untill the last session of the day (last video posted) when it started smoking horribly again. Either turbo's going or the rings are. Either way it was the same white, oil'y smelling smoke from Lydden... so that could be a problem.

Videos:

9. milsom93

milsom93 Member

Good to see you are getting plenty of seat time now mate! Top work!

10. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

[​IMG]

Need to find the 4th wheel as soon as so I can run these all round. Looks boss.

11. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

Might be time for another compression test and see if it's changed from last time.

If not, pop the inlet to the compressor off and check forward and back, and side to side play on the turbo. If it's more than a couple of mm hunt out a replacement turbo or rebuild kit. Good chance to go T28.

If the compression is down, start stripping that spare engine. Hopefully the bottom end and rings are ok, and the current engine's head just needs some new valve stem seals at the worst

12. Bricey

Bricey Member

Show us a pick of the whole car with the wheels on! Bet it looks awesome!

13. essexcapri25

essexcapri25 Member

Any updates dude???

14. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

Been busy as hell finishing my second year of university. No real updates on the car except news that the 4th XT7 is on its way. What a pain it was to find that.

Looked everywhere online for it calling up American, Australian and even Work Wheels Japan themselves looking for thr 4 stud wheel I was after, no luck what so ever. I tried Driftworks before and they said they didn't have any as the new designed XT7 is out. So I thought.. fuck it i'll call one last time. Turns out Driftworks can easily call up Work Japan and ask for blanks that need to be drilled. So that's what i've done. Should be here next month hopefully.

Finished uni for the summer now, so will have time to put the front mount, boost gauge and boost controller on. Though I am stupidly broke. On the plus side, turning 20 has its benefits. Insurance companies will now insure me. Just need to fund it.

For the time being it's being neglected, looking sorry for itself.

[​IMG]

Does also need the camber and toe sorting out for the rear.

[​IMG]

Hopefully some actual progress will happen this month as i'm heading home for summer.

15. Bricey

Bricey Member

Good updates dude insurance and rims [emoji41] you still at uni in chelt then or are you all finished now?

16. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

Still here for the time being, been applying for loads of jobs here but no luck yet. Going home in a week for summer break. One more year of uni to go!

Aim of the game at the moment - get a summer job and earn enough to insure the 13 for a year. Fingers crossed.

17. Bricey

Bricey Member

Awesome dude, moved out of chelt now but still local gimme a buzz if you wanna go for a drive or something!

18. Dutchie

Dutchie Member

Great job dude! wheels looks stunning.

19. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

Finally, some actual progress rather than me just dicking around in the garage.

Got the bucket seat in on some Apexi Rails, sit super high which isn't ideal, but oh well, cba to modify them and its not too bad.

[​IMG]

Then loaded it up on the trailer, and hauled it over to Mo at Superstyle garage in Essex to get the underside all welded up as it's my mission to get it on the road.

[​IMG]

The XT7s look so damn good, just bought some 17' chrome XT7s to go on the front too, so going to be 17/18 staggered in no time. Cant wait.

[​IMG]

Welding shouldn't be too bad, needs the chassis arm doing as well as both sills.

[​IMG]

Does look good, cant wait to get it on the road and actually get some proper miles on the car!!

20. Bricey

Bricey Member

Pimp as fook!