no knowledge e36 build

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by tiredhero, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

Is his welder a decent size?
    Don't want to be trying to weld a diff with a 100 amp gasless mig.

2. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

ill get back to you on that... as i have no idea :/ im sure he said something about being able to attach a canister of gas to it though

3. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

Best just take it off cut some heavy plate that fits in the gap in the diff and take it to a blacksmiths/fabricators they will have 300 amp to melt it together.
    Means it won't fail.

4. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

thanks for that.. ill have a look see who can do it around here

5. spaniel

spaniel bigballs small brain

My dad was a driving instructor and wasn't into drifting, now he loves coming out in the car with me.. Take him to 1 passenger ride and he will be hooked.

6. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

hopefully ill get him in it when its done and he will be hooked... hopefully he will get a car himself and but knowing him it would be a 5 series

7. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

i know i have not updated in a while but just too busy... so i ended up buying poly bushes as i ordered the wrong bushings before i just figured screw it... ordered the full sett... snapped a droplink.... refitted the rear sub and left the diff off so a lad at works going to weld it this week.. having done this and doing the back garden total re-organise and a skip later, im moving slabs to the front, working on this and then i started doing my daily too :/

[​IMG]

so i have lowered that on coilovers too... sticking my bbs alloys on and getting some different wheels for my coupe i think.... im kinda glad i fitted the coilovers too as i took the dampers off one had nearly snapped it was rotten :/

sorry about all the words... i do have pics of bits and bobs but internet sucks at the moment ~:( gotta say im not doing too bad since i know bugger all about cars :D and im getting no help from any one apart from the advice from all of you

so thanks every one :wave:

not sure what wheels to go for on the coupe as all the wheels i look at are jap style and jap fitment so chuck me some names of wheels if you guys would recommend any or pics :) thanks guys and gals

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

so apart from rear shoes and handbrake and front coilovers need to be done, i need to strip more of the car and start driving it!

been really busy recently new kid new pets... birds and marine tank....

i have done tiny bits and bobs but nothing really worth mentioning so i will get some pics up soon and spend more time on this when i get a few days off :/

9. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

daily seems to be getting more attention at the moment/ did have a straight 3 inch exhaust but misses said she was going insane so had to take it off

[​IMG]

i nearly had a moment of madness after getting really pissed off (and being skint) with the project and selling it... but i said to my self i have put alot of effort so far into this why should i let some one else enjoy it... i know its nowhere near as much effort and money like most of you guys but for me its alot.. at the moment all i need to do now is put new rear brake cylinder in both sides and its ready to piss around in :) finally for winter x :-/) and i have the mot in november time and i tell you, it can not fail on anything as its got new everything on the bloody thing...:cry:

[​IMG]

10. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

how the frigging hell do you get the bolts off the back of the brake cylinder ? doing my nut in... took it for mot and the bloke said i have ruined the car

11. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

Edit. Thought this was a 6pot.
    They should bolt on through the backing plate, probably be totally fucked and have to cut and replace the bolts though.

#71 Andy318ti, Jan 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  12. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

no dude coupe is only 1.6... see the car has been propper f***ed around with before i know that since its had 16 owners before me... propper slag of a car,

saying that her past is her past and i wont hold it against her but everything i look at on her i have had to replace... i m just wondering is it going to be hard to find some...

misses is getting pissed off with me sliding the tourer so really need to get this coupe back on the road

13. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

Head to a good motor factors they'll be able to get them. Even euro should be able to.

That's the joys of old motors man, eventually there will be nothing your not happy with as you'll have replaced it all. Then just find a good m50 and you'll have a reliable car for plenty seat time.

14. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

yea ill have a phone around see if i can get some...soon as i get this damn thing on the road ill hopefully be able to get loads of seat time and then either build it so its just a sexy e36 or i get another car... i dunno i always wanted a fc but i dont know if i would be able to get rid of this car so i dont know maybe your right with the m50 i guess we will see...

i will actually update this with pictures at some point

15. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

Haha I wanted a fc too, japan prices are too much for me though.
    I put a Swedish engine in my compact, confuses the fuck out of people and does not sound like every other car at driftland.

16. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

ha ha thats so frigging cool dude... i really want to go to drift land :( send me your build thread dude if you have one please

17. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

I've not got a thread man, might start one but can't be doing with bitches that have never done an oil change telling me it's not done right.

18. r3served

r3served New Member

It can't be that bad, make a thread.

To the post owner - keep up the grind. Everyone learns and You sure seem to be on the right path.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

19. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

haters are gonna hate, let them talk shite... shows how small they are... only thing people should be doing is supporting each other and having fun

thanks dude.... yea learn something new every time i touch the damn thing...

should be changing the gearbox oil today or tomorrow and then sorting the brakes on the coupe hopefully, then start on bits of body work on the coupe and sort the steering on the touring...

20. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

i need a garage... this weather sucks