Oh dear, what have I done?

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by PhilMorrison, Jul 26, 2004.

1. TwinturboCH

TwinturboCH Active Member

How much does the tar stuff actually weigh once you've got it all out of the car? I've done everything but this and I'm kind of dreading the job. Do you fancy doing a group buy on the cages? You really should think about FIA ones because they are so much better. Thats what I want I think. Nemesis said they could get them made for us but we would need several orders. What do you think? Give them a call :thumbs: :D
    FIA cage :nod: :nod:

2. initial-d

initial-d Member

Anyone know how much a cage ups your insurance by?? Is the price relevant to the type of cage i.e. 4 point/5 point etc..?

3. Pulsatingstar

Pulsatingstar -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY-

4. initial-d

initial-d Member

roll cage.... what you thinking of?? :no:

5. Lennie

Lennie Active Member

Im being 100% serious here.

Someone i know has a black civic fully stripped out no carpet etc and he painted the inside white. Its very :cool:

Might be worth considering.

6. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

Ben, it really depends on who you're with as to how bothered they are if at all.
    I have my drift car on a dedicated track car insurance limited to 1000 miles and 3rd party only and the guy said as long as I didn't instal huge great spinning spikes that came out ot the wheels, they didn't care what mods I'd done :)

There's a chance we're getting some S14 FIA cages made up... no details as yet, but watch this space ;)

7. initial-d

initial-d Member

I'm with Liverpool victoria, just heard the some insurers will up your premium if you add a cage. They won't offer me insurance on a trackday either! :(

8. LittleMark

LittleMark -NIGHTSPIRIT-

once i have worked out how to load up video from my fone, ill upload the small 1 min vid of the midway stage phil, and some of the pics... anyone hosting pics and vids??

Mark

9. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

I'm with these too :thumbs: TPO so if it catches fire or someone's dumb enough to nick it, then my drifting days are over :nod:

10. Genjuro

Genjuro keyboard drifter

Are these track car insurance policies expensive? I'm thinking about a second car just for the track as well as driving too and from the events and this sort of insurance sounds like it would suit me, if its the right price.

11. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

Mine's about £30 a month, TP only. I think it is a 3 or 5K limited mileage doodar, but you're allowed cages and upgrades as long as you tell them what the spec is. I don't know why, 'cos you're not going to get paid out for them if you need to claim.

I think you need to be over 30, so it's a nice sweetener for being over the hill (like me). Check with them though, they are very friendly and helpful.

When are you next at D1?

12. Genjuro

Genjuro keyboard drifter

Cheers for that, i'll have to check into it then. I'll be at the D1 again tomorrow but only to watch. I'm a bit strapped for cash and i've been just going to practice days to try and get a little better, i'm slowly getting there but i seem to be a really slow learner. It also doesn't help that i haven't bought any bits for my car so its still totally stock, which is the whole reason behind thinking about getting a dedicated track car, and probably a nissan micra to drive to work. :wack:

13. PhatBob

PhatBob Ken Block???

I've got insurance through Tradex, for 500quid the cover the CRX and the 200SX, it just takes a bit of jiggery pokery to make yourself look like a trader. I've got the sort of cover that a person who fits alarms/stereos/accessories has to have. There is provision for 2 vehicles, and they are not bothered about mods on either, I checked.

Rob

14. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

Sounds good, mate. Got a link?

Sorry I didn't see you again Sunday. Let me know how you get on with the gearbox bearings :nod:

End of hijack, well mine anyway:D