Pembrey flip.......thankyou!!

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by AlexFR, May 28, 2011.

1. gatzsaxo

gatzsaxo Member

I learnt the majority of my drifting skills at pembrey. I enjoy all the landscape and this is far more enjoyable than cones. I give pembrey 10 out of 10. put it this way its worth the drive from exeter any month!

p.s iv got a half cage, just for safety :D

sam

2. jonofd3

jonofd3 Active Member

Not sure if people are saying you are likely to fall over at pembrey, but all I can say is.... in the 15 months I have been drifting there I haven't fallen over, and lets face it, if anyone is likely to do it, it's the truck!!! at the end of the day it's just one of those thingsclip a bank on an A road you can roll...... it adds something to the event, something to avoid and I love it :) all I can say is, aslong as there is a drift at pembrey and I have a working vehicle I'll be there!!

Jono

3. Jeek™

Jeek™ Active Member

these things happen

theres been at least 8 rolls at crail in the last few years. mostly from clipping the tractor tyres and going over.

4. AlexFR

AlexFR Member

At the end of the day I started this thread to say thanks to the people who helped and to take the piss out of myself NOT to start a witch hunt.

Ive seen the video now and basically I transitioned a split second too early and clipped the bank by about an inch as the wheel was running free through my hands which then allowed the steering to basically turn on its own into the bank and up it. That combined with the sideways motion of the transition flipped the car.

At the end of the day these things happen and it happens in all forms of motorsport. I mean at least it happened to me in a controlled environment where I could be out of the car within seconds. How many people here making a fuss about cages have been guilty of doing streeto in secluded spots with no safety kit or roll cage?

I knew the risks and I signed to say I knew them......job done, end of :D

5. The Hols

The Hols Member

From the horses mouth!

hear hear

6. SKIDKID33

SKIDKID33 Guest

saw the flip the other day, damn that was crazy!