Popping a fresh CA in....Futureproofing ideas?

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Minimoke, Nov 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Minimoke

Minimoke Member

Hey all,
    Well after a coolant hose popping lead to the HG and probably head shitting themselves on my last CA, I'm sticking a freshly rebuilt CA back into my S13. I'm sick of 25 year old rubber and wiring making my car unreliable. So with that said, what would you guys recommend for putting this new engine in? I'm doing the following:

New silicone coolant hose kit, which I think also comes with a few breathers and vacuums. It's the 25 hose kit, if that helps.

New clutch and pressure plate

Nismo engine and box mounts

Is there anything else I should be thinking of here that's easy to do while the engine is out? Wiring that's a fucker to get to? Things like that? I do NOT wanna be taking the engine out again for a while if I can help it (or as long as you can go with a CA....)

Ta in advance.

2. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

Oil pump
    Big end bearings
    Baffled sump
    Water pump
    Cam belt kit
    Head-block breather pipe (the metal one, just clean it out)
    Cam cover breather plates
    Cam cover gaskets and half moon seals

3. Minimoke

Minimoke Member

Ah yes, the engine has had Nissan oil and water pumps, ACL bearings, Nissan cambelt, Cometic triple HG, block honed, Nissan piston rings, valve seats reground etc. I'll look at the options for the other bits you've listed. I'll be running it around a bar with a T28, can't see me ever wanted to put more power into it than that for now....Cheers!

4. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

Not a need to do while engine is out (maybe the sandwich plate is) but consider an oil cooler off a sandwich plate, and oil pressure & temp gauges. It's worth shelling out for a thermostatic block if you use it in cold-ish weather too

Non engine things would be getting the subframe modified to move the rack forward if you have modified knuckles and change the rack bushings