project compact 36

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Sluby, Jul 6, 2021.

1. Sluby

Sluby New Member

IMG_20210615_192948.
    Hi all, so after many years of half measures and buying cars *sort of* like what I wanted, I finally bit the bullet and bought myself an e36, I suppose you could argue with this is a half measure considering its a compact which people seem to hate with a burning passion but I'm a fan personally, so there you go.

It's currently got a m44b19 in its 316 shell however the intention is to upgrade that to m52b25. It does need a bit of tidying up however, one of the rear arches has seen better days but according to my bodywork guy, its not so bad, also suffers from the textbook red car issue of fade and lacquer peal in some areas and needs the drums sorting.
    But on the plus side of things, it does have a rear disc conversion and front vented 328 brakes, a Z3M LSD (Which im led to believe fits the e30 as it shares the same rear end considering its based off the z3, therefore holds a fair bit of value) and bilsteins b6+b8's all round as well as some other bits and bobs.
    IMG_20210615_212919.
    I wanted to film some of the progress I make on where I go with it but I haven't quite built up the chuds to do so yet so thought the next best thing would be to document it on here for myself and you lot too in a thread.
    I'm by no means an expert and bought this car for fun and to finally have a second car I can work on without having to put it back together for work the next morning.

I don't have too much more to add just yet but I am currently searching for another hellrot bonnet thats in a slightly less pealed condition so if anyone happens to have a hellrot saloon/compact/touring bonnet please let me know (also some style 32 16s because the current alloys were certainly not my person choice lol). Otherwise please let me know what you think and give me some potential ideas of what sort of direction I should take the car in.

Thanks all! Sluby.