Project: Practical, Daily, sKid Silvia PS13

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by superclarkey, Jul 27, 2011.

1. gibbo s14

gibbo s14 the yarco

looks like a really nice car . shame about parts not really being on the car

2. superclarkey

superclarkey DORITECH MOTORSPORT

Thinking of painting the wheels like a matt drak graphite metallic....

Or black, unsure yet.

There are a few things I need to make my mind up on, I need rear fenders on the car, as the rear wheels are too wide and i don't want to run loads of stretch as i will be skidding the car also, there is about 2 and a bit neg camber on the rears to get them under the arches, when i fit the arms i will be correcting this so they will hang out the arch lol.

I wanted Origin Type II but they are not in stock for about 2 months.. when else cool is there?

#42 superclarkey, Jul 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  3. superclarkey

4. superclarkey

Massive thanks to Greg at Pro-Tuner for mapping my car last night, it's now feels alloy quicker :thumbs:

5. angrydan

angrydan raaage

looks sick

onevias are rank

paint the wheels and lower it

job done!!!

dont listen to dan, although he only post pics of the best examples of said cars, dont make ruining a ps13 to a gash onevia right!!

and wait for type 2 fenders man, all others are weak!!!

6. superclarkey

Firstly massive thanks to Greg at ProTuner for mapping the car late into the night for me, finished up with 318bhp and 340ft/lb at 1.3bar of boost.

It really does feel allot better then when I first drove it, Greg had mapped the car before but i think its spec has been changed so wasn't 100%.

Things I've done since last update...

I've made a retarded but posh as fuck TIG welded 3inch straight through pipe with 3.5inch tail.. which is infact bon-retarded 2.0, so that needs to have a few silencers installed to make it road worthy, altho it does sound fecking sweet!

Popped up to Driftworks and got some MT90 gearbox oil, FPR, NGK 8 Iridium Spark Plugs and Walbro 255 fuel pump for the dyno, thanks guys :thumbs:

I nagged Mitto into selling me his Cusco MZ posh as fuckatron diff 4.1:1 out of his track S14 he broke(for some reason..) :p Its actually amazing, thank you very much dude!! :thumbs:

I've bought new clear lights for the front of it as one was missing.. a also new rear clears as one was melted.

Thats it really, First drive of the car on the way to the dyno made me realize how this car has just not been looked after, you know when someone sells you a car and the glove box is full of blown 10amp fuses you know there is some issues there.. but driving back in the dark with the lights out all round is interesting.. the coilovers are so bad its actually un-driveable, I couldn't fit int the seat of the car so i asked the dude if it was all good, and he said it was fine.. altho the 8-10mm of side to side play in the front coilovers that are clearly felt as the car can't actually go in a straight line... shocking!

Few positives, the dash had HUD installed, but the clocks themselfs had been nicked.. (along with most of the things in the spec list) so i bought off Greg today a set of cool JDM Digital clocks, which means my HUD works and I also have MPH reading :) cool as :)

I've decided what the direction with this car is, and i know most of you will not agree but bad luck.. going to sell the BN Sports kit and basically do this.. I've had this picture for a while but its what i want so going to do it..

Kouki side skirts :p

[​IMG]

How much do you think I should ask for a genuine BN Sports Type II body kit ?

7. superclarkey

8. 200sx-slider

200sx-slider Member

i want it i really do want it now

9. superclarkey

Get your wedge of cash out then.. :p

10. 200sx-slider

200sx-slider Member

what did they cost u if u dont mind me asking

11. superclarkey

£150 for the clocks, the HUD was already in the car. so £150 total :)

12. 200sx-slider

200sx-slider Member

not to bad do u know if they are hard to get

13. superclarkey

I think they are fairly rare, these where late 180sx clocks, which are very rare indeed, its nice as you can swtich between KPH and MPH :)

Unless you have a 180sx they will not plug straight in either, even in mine i required the loom that goes with them and then its plug and play :)

If you pop onto SXOC there is a few guides on how to install them and what the differences are.. but they are the most sexual thing ever :) At night they are lush :)

14. Phil G

Phil G Active Member

clarkey i love the way this is going, its gonna be a super cool car and skidable. when i sell my s15 later in the year i hope you would be temped with a deal.

i think its gotta stay red, ps13's just suit red really well. and the hud and digi dash is spunk worthy

15. superclarkey

Yeah was talking to Greg today about it.. may return it to its Original colour, which was that nice bright factory red.. this is a tad on the dark side.. believe it or not its the very same colour that Vince Nootts lovely PS is.

16. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

What turbo did you end up using? Sorry if you've already said and I missed it.

17. superclarkey

Meant to be T28R

18. rob-325

rob-325 Member

If they've got the MPH/KPH switch they're 240sx clocks from the States aren't they?

19. angrydan

angrydan raaage

i sold my clocks and hud for 275 as tbh they are fucking rare and only ever seen them in ps13's

they take some messing about to fit

rich u will make a cool car look ugly, type x / kouki looks shit tbh

a ps13 looks better low and wide with kit on the floor, type x is all up and down and erm ugly

20. superclarkey

You tell me, I'm not a dash expert :) lol