Question for nardi owners

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by stefan, Jul 25, 2013.

1. stefan

stefan Member

I'm planning on getting a Nardi wheel in the near future to replace the cheap alternative i've got at the moment, but i'm struggling to make my mind up between leather or suede.

The wheel i've got just now is suede and it feels good but in a few months it had gone all shiny and nasty. I've not try'd to clean it as its just a cheap wheel and i assumed the suede was pretty poor quality, it shed alot of dye in the first couple of weeks use.

The Nardi is obviously the pinnacle of quality so should be better, I was just wanting to hear from people who have a suede Nardi and can give me an idea of how it stands up to daily use. It would be good to hear feedback on the leather ones too especially those who have tryed both also from a daily and track use perspective.

2. Boss

Boss Member

unless you're gonna wear gloves i wouldnt bother with suede, as nice as they are, with no gloves they'll go shitty and smooth,

ive just changed to a nardi deep corn leather, its awesome

3. Michael E36

Michael E36 Member

Nardi deep corn 350mm leather, had it 2 years in September and it still feels amazing, it's in my daily aswell. Really good wheel,would never sell it :)

4. mad.matt

mad.matt Well-Known Member

Deep corn 330mm leather user, bought off here when they did they're 25% off sale. Still feels great.

5. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

I've got wood....

*sniggers*

6. FireStorm999

FireStorm999 Active Member

Ive got leathrr but wanted suede. But everyone said it would look shit.

If you have kids youl know leather wipes easy.....

7. Andy_F

Andy_F S13+S15=S28?

I'm lucky enough to have both a leather deep corn and Personal suede - the suede one is great for feel but I've only been using it for about a month and there are areas of the suede already going a little flat. With gloves on, its great. The leather is great for durability though, had it for about a year or more and it still looks new.

8. Alex B

Alex B Active Member

I've got a Suede Nardi Deep Corn 350, I've done a few thou miles and it still looks fine, no flat or shiney areas.

Alex B

9. stefan

stefan Member

Ended up going with the leather, it'll stay good for longer and the idea of dailying my car with gloves on just to save the wheel seems a bit gay.

10. mint

mint touch my fruit

The Suede will be fine if your hands are clean - If you have a habit of driving with dirty hands then don't bother with a suede as it'll just flat and go smooth.

I have a deep corn aswell, still in the box never used :p Saving it for something special. But its leather, and its my second one. I currently use a plastic coated wheel and its perfect.

11. Mr_purple

Mr_purple New Member

I have a suede nardi, had it a year and it's still perfect but I always wear gloves ;)

12. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

Sueda isn't a material thats made for the sort of handling a steering wheel gets.
    The fibres trap muck, grease and other crap really well. All of which is in abundance on peoples hands.

13. ringer

ringer HOOooo!

Covers the personals - but you get the idea regarding fit / finish and use.

14. mati

mati Member

I've got all three finishes (wood, perforated leather, and suede), and the perforated leather one is the best all round option, the wood one is amazing, but if you leave your car in the sun it gets increadibly hot, the suede is best used with gloves. My perforated leather one has been used in three cars for over two years and it's still as good as new.

15. Khmer

Khmer Member

i have a worn to death suede nardi wheel, and i love it... adds character to the car..

if you're a bitch and like your shit to stay new, then get a leather one and don't drive it.

16. stefan

stefan Member

Another question.. Who's using a Nardi wheel with a slim snap off boss that takes the Nardi horn button?

i've got one of the cheap ebay ones and the horn button is way too deep to fit properly. Does anyone know if the NRG one takes a Nardi horn?

17. mint

mint touch my fruit

Use a D1 Snap on kit Stefan. Should work fine.

18. stefan

stefan Member

I really wanted to use a slim snap off boss to avoid the wheel sitting to close to me but if there isn't a slim one on the market that will take the horn i'll have to look into another option.

was thinking i could machine up a ring of some kind to take up the difference but it would take away from the look of it.

i really don't see why the Nardi horn has to be the size it is, its almost twice as deep as most horn buttons

19. roadkill443

roadkill443 Member

I loved the wooden nardi my mx5 had, wish i had kept it. looked and felt good