r32 handbrake the same as s13?

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by kingj, May 7, 2013.

1. kingj

kingj sliding it in

Hi fella's, hoping someone can help with a problem I have with my r32??

Basically the car came to me fitted with a "drift-spin turn" type knob attached to the handbrake which has come off leaving the original button stuck inside the handle......meaning that the handbrake now cant be used other than for locking the back wheels when driving, which is cool but no good for parking etc!!

Before I start ringing around for a replcement handbrake, which I imagine jdm-garage or whoever will want a fortune for I just wondered if anyone knew if the s13 one was the same?

2. gibbo s14

gibbo s14 the yarco

just pull it out each time you wont to park mate will still work the same as when you had a spin turn kob

3. kingj

kingj sliding it in

The original button is stuck so far down it won't come out, I need to replace the whole handbrake lever I'm thinking, just don't want to pay £100+ when I can get an s13 one for £20!

4. LTM

LTM Member

have you got the original hand grip on still? if you can get that off (needs a bloody good pull) should be able to use a thin screwdriver or similar to push the button back up to the top?? haven't looked at mine for a while but sure their was holes along the side. Back to your original question I believe the rear set up to be the same. Not sure on the handle but can't see why they would be different...

5. gaz_moose

gaz_moose .MTM.

the hand brake levers are different between s13 and r32.
    as has been said just do a reverse drifty handbrake mod.

6. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

Just click another drift button on.

7. Mr.Worth

Mr.Worth Animal interferer

Same thing used to happen with me, small thin screwdriver always did the trick :), I did take me a few attempts sometimes and it does get on yout tits after a while lol.

8. kingj

kingj sliding it in

Fuck that!! I'l get a new mechanism, I can't be doing with sitting in a car park for 15 minutes playing about with it before I can just get out the car to buy a pack of fags :wack: cheers to all for your input and assistance :) by chance are the gtsts and gtr ones the same does anyone know?

9. Rubix_Cube

Rubix_Cube Member

Why not just leave the car in gear instead of coughing up cash for a handbrake mech?

10. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

Yeah man, do that.

11. kingj

kingj sliding it in

Yep, gonna get some araldite and stick a drift button on there! took the tape of and had it all apart today and the button still works if eeked out with a screwdriver. the drift button just won't stay on the original button on its own. Cheers for the help and advice fella's :)