R33 axle tramp problem..

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Tailslider, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Tailslider

Tailslider Member

Wondering if anyone on here can help!, Iv got an r33 gts-t which I have just installed a driftworks pro handling pack and solid mounted the rear subframe put all the arms on plus polybushed the rear hubs.. I also bought solid diff mounts from tegiwa which are installed and im STILL getting axle tramp?! very confused.. I noticed when driving anglesey when I was sat behind the team lassa 33 waiting to go as soon as he spins off theres no axle tramp and im assuming he has a very similar setup to me? its starting to annoy me a bit.. if anyone has any ideas that would be great..

If its of any relevance I have a "clonk" noise coming from the rear end and when putting the car up on a ramp there seems to be a bit of play coming from what seems like the diff? as in its welded and I can move one wheel about 20mm even when the other wheel is still.. so im wondering if the diff is the problem? It also makes this noise when changing gear? like as I bring the clutch up after changing..

Thanks Charles

2. DoriDave

DoriDave ~~Sore-Arse~~

Shocks knackered?

3. FAbity6032

FAbity6032 Member

I think that you made the rear axle so stiff that you stripped one of the bolts holding in the differential. The bolt might seem fine at first but if you look closely there might be one were you stripped the threads clean off. E36 cars suffer from this problem a lot! Some people even break the bolt in half, and you might not even notice until you take it out.

4. s50-touring

s50-touring New Member

Id try and stiffen up the shocks for a start

5. FAbity6032

FAbity6032 Member

So did you fix it yet or are you not going to tell us anything?