Racing Licenses

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by JTalat, Jan 21, 2015.

1. JTalat

JTalat New Member

Hi :wave:,
    I was wondering if i should get a junior racing license and i would really appreciate if someone told me if it is easy or hard to pass because i can't keep on throwing away £600 every time i fail it. Also do you have to get another racing license when you grow out of the junior one or do you just get like a upgrade for free. Thanks! :thumbs::dw:

2. tonigmr2

tonigmr2 Member

My strong suggestion is you take it at a circuit like Castle Coombe. Silverstone are famed for failing people!

3. CBRParr

CBRParr Active Member

When I did my national B licence the main focus was on safety. You don't have to be the fastest driver in the world you just need to be safe. If you revise for the written bit and remember all your flags - there shouldn't be an issue. On track you have to follow a good racing line and make sure you are aware of traffic overtaking you and, if you need to, safely overtaking people.

4. ringer

ringer HOOooo!

It's impossible to fail.

5. CBRParr

CBRParr Active Member

This guy passed

6. xk120c

xk120c Member

Passed my national B at Mallory Park it was a walk in the park. As long as you know the flags and can show safety on the circuit and aware of what is going on around you shouldn't have a problem.

As mentioned above Silverstone is renowned for failing.