radiator problem

Thread in 'Driftworks Products & Enquiries' started by aga, Jul 14, 2015.

1. aga

aga New Member

i've had your radiator on my S13, but a random check revealed that it has sprung several random leaks around the connections of the coolant passages to the end tanks. i am very displeased with your product... :no:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

what can be done about this?

2. Starkey

Starkey Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi,

Sorry to see you are having issues with your Supercool radiator.

If you could email our sales team via sales@driftworks.com we will sort this out for you

Rich

3. mc_bob

mc_bob Active Member

That sucks. I wonder if your using the rubber supports that provide expansion to the exchanger.
    Constantly I see people solid mounting them which will lead to cracking..

4. aga

aga New Member

the sales team replied with an offer for a discount for another radiator. i see no reason to buy such a radiator again.

the overflow nipple broke off in my hands in 2 months of ownership but i didnt bother you with that then, i had to cut off the whole radiator neck and install a new one. like i said, very displeased with the product. anything chinese would be equal, but cheaper. (your radiator is chinese too , of course.)

5. Starkey

Starkey Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi.

I feel that we offered you a reasonable offer. You purchased the radiator over 2 years ago so it is outside the 1 year warranty period by nearly 16 months.

If you had came to use with the problems within this first year we would have happily replaced the radiator for you, we have sold hundreds of these radiators and I can count the amount of failures we have had on one hand.

The offer for a discounted radiator is still open so if you do still need a replacement please let us know.

Regards

Rich