RB20det rough idle and stall

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by xTommy92, Jun 3, 2017.

1. xTommy92

xTommy92 Member

I have recently just fitted a hybrid RB25 turbo with an adjustable actuator, also alongside this I have deleted my recirc valve and put a blanking plate over where it sat. The new turbo intake pipe doesn't have a fitting for the recirc valve and all the other lines are blanked off. The car seems to stall when it is revved up to red line in neutral but doesn't seem to effect me too much when driving.

Anybody else had similar issues, any help would be appreciated.

Tom

2. xTommy92

xTommy92 Member

Took the car for a 70 mile trip today and feels spot on when cruising, however I have noticed that the car bogs down initially after shifting but picks itself back up after a couple of seconds. I have done some searching around and noticed others having very similar issues to me when blanking the recirc/BOV off.

3. thebe

thebe Member

Did you get it tuned with the new turbo? Are you sure you dont have any leaks?

4. xTommy92

xTommy92 Member

No haven't got it tuned yet, I am in the process of fitting in GTR injectors and Z32 MAF. I am starting to believe its the recirc valve delete that is causing it as the air is rushing back through the turbo and into the MAF which is messing the airflow and fuel mixture as the ECU cannot tell what is going on.

Tom

5. forced

forced New Member

Sounds likely, unmetered or incorrectly metered air causes crazy things :D

Have you considered going MAP?