RB25DET build

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by 1EVIL32, Mar 2, 2018.

1. 1EVIL32

1EVIL32 New Member

hey guys, just a few questions.. whats a good platform etc for 400hp out of my 25det? where do I start? currently has a dsr450 turbo 3inch-2inch straight pipe 44mm external screamer etc.. I hear fuel is a big thing? such as 550cc injectors??? anyone got any pointers to start with? can post up a list etc?

baileyR32.

2. Rorym

Rorym Member

550 injectors and a walbro 255 or a gtr pump. Z32 afm etc. Common mods for 400 on a budget. However 2 inch exhaust is quite restrictive. Best go for 3" at least. What ecu/engine management are you using ? there is a mega thread on SAU forums about dyno results/mods on rb25s. It's a good thread give it a look.

https://www.sau.com.au/forums/topic/55845-rb25-turbo-upgrade-all-dyno-results/

If this is any use/interest to you. I'm in the middle of building my rb25det neo. I'm running Holset HX32 hybrid. Denso 550cc injectors. Splitfire coilpacks. Greddy plenum. FMIC. Greddy boost controller. Turbosmart 38mm gate. AEM wideband. 4" down pipe and exhaust. NIStune ecu. 4" intake with R35 GTR MAF and other supporting shit. Standard internals and head. Will make 450-470hp. Will probably do circa 550hp with built bottom end on that turbo but I'm not looking at that yet.

Hope this helps

3. 1EVIL32

1EVIL32 New Member

Cheers for that dude! Definitely something to look into! I've got a nistune lined up as I was going to slap them all in at once and head for a tune, at the moment it's just the usual 25det ecu chipped, but thanks alot !!!

4. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

I've just made 263kw at the wheels (~440hp at the fly) on 14psi out of a S1 RB25

2871 sized rebuilt HKS ball bearing turbo, S15 Spec R injectors (straight fit in factory rail and plugs), Z32 AFM and a Power FC

Best option is buying some reputable 550-800cc injectors, or hunting out secondhand injectors and sending them to Injectortech in Akl to get flow tested and rebuilt with fresh seals etc. Add a Nistune and a 1-bar spring into your wastegate and off to the dyno

5. volviz

volviz New Member

Would recomend also 1.2mm head gasket.

Fuel is essential... just stay out of detonation and you'll be fine.:thumbs:

6. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

If your engine isn't apart then no need to do head gasket. Anything less than 1 bar I wouldn't bother

If you're going over 1 bar then wouldn't just do steel HG, would also do ARP head studs too

Big gains to be made with ditching the stock exhaust manifold over 280rwkw too. Up to that i wouldn't bother