Rb26 s13 nissan single turbo

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by enginebuilder, Apr 22, 2013.

1. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

i agree id have thought it would be a greater loss at the wheels but going on his figures is what i used,, didnt wanna guess numbers... ;)

2. enginebuilder

enginebuilder Active Member

Lol cheers guys.it was 550 at the wheels.he had the converter on screen. Iv figured out the issue!!

3. yogi bear

yogi bear Active Member

Who cares in all honesty? A dyno is merely a collection of calculations and a 'best guess' anyway.
    If there was a number I'd be interested in it would be the power on the ground.

Personally, I would rather have a live tune and let your arse tell you how fast it is. Live tuning makes for much more drivable, punchy, responsive, economical car

4. enginebuilder

Yes defo will b transformed with boost controller set up and gears tweeked.

5. yogi bear

yogi bear Active Member

How comes you are using a greddy boost controller?
    The link can do either closed or open loop boost control.

6. enginebuilder

I will answer your comments this evening guys busy!!

7. reeperR32

potential buyers might care :wack:

8. yogi bear

yogi bear Active Member

I am a potential buyer..... And I'm not particularly bothered. It is obviously capable of making very good power. Especially if you take a look at the compressor map

9. reeperR32

great.. but you cant speak on everyone's behalf mate ;)

anyway enough spamming on here...

post up when its finished mate ;)

10. yogi bear

yogi bear Active Member

My thoughts exactly :).
    I'll be following this closely as I'm interested to
    See how this progresses.

11. enginebuilder

hang on lads my youtube is playing up i want to reply with quote and a video of the second run after changing the plugs it not the full power we made that day but i did zoom in on the screen at one point and u will see the difference is nothing between fly and wheels.its got a gtr diff!! i dont know the ratios and all that but its defo different!!

12. yogi bear

yogi bear Active Member

So how comes you not using the excellent boost control feature of the link?
    I assume you are not using closed loop lambda for light load/cruise? Does it have a wideband permanently installed?

13. enginebuilder

Hi mate sorry I haven't been paying much attention to the interest you have shown just av been really busy.ur welcome to drop me a txt to any questions u have 07583176181.to be honest I have not thought of it and I have not discussed with jezz.I don't have any second party devices attatched to the link so I don't know how I would use different boost settings but it will defo be something I will be talking to jezz about wednesday coming when he's back.I did mention the anti lag to him but not sure if were gonna set it up.I parted with 650 for the work carried out on tuesday and its still not complete.so as u can imagine am fecking skint at this moment in time lol.I was talking with jezz and were hoping its only goin cost couple hundred to finish and he's goin do it when he's back from hols so he wudn hve to rush and hed have time to tweak the cam pulleys.

14. yogi bear

yogi bear Active Member

Jesus! £650 for what!!
    Def use the links own boost control feature, it's second to none. I would much rather use that than any secondary boost control as it can even do closed loop boost control if you so wish......
    Just use the solenoid from the greddy controller and I'd imagine you will be able to use the standard wiring

15. enginebuilder

Lol I know mate.it had new plugs and a sensor boss welded into exhaust plus oil change and filter and mapping.dyno time!! What can I do :).sounds all gravy but as I won't be using the greddy solenoid controller slash display.how would I select high or low setting.I'm a bit of a noob when it somes to thhe link I'm affraid!!well chuffed with it tho.engines a reall tank!!

16. enginebuilder

Here's the link for the first run after plugs changed.you can see the difference between fly and wheels on screen.
    YouTube

17. enginebuilder

#77 enginebuilder, Jun 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  18. yogi bear

yogi bear Active Member

Multiple boost maps are possible via a switch or button. Not entirely sure how it would work with a plug in, but know it can be done.

And anyway, why the fuck do you need multiple boost settings?.. If you don't want to go as fast then don't press the pedal as far down...
    I only ever had one boost setting on my s14a, and that was 1.5 bar, the only reason I stopped at 1.5 bar was because the link atom only has a 1.5 bar map sensor built in. Intention was to pull it apart and replace it with a 5 bar...

If you really are interested in what your link is actually capable of, then I'd suggest you give the guy in my sig a ring a pond speak to him. He is very experienced with engine management and very much so with links.
    If you do want a number then drop me a pm.
    Or you could also drop me a pm with how firm a price you want for the car.....

19. enginebuilder

20. enginebuilder

yes i know the link can do it!! i also need to wire my fans to the link so it can tell them when to knock on and knock off and at what temp.so i can do away with the thermal bulb switch i fitted.but its just money money money mate!!when do you stop.