Recovery truck insurance

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by d6yme, Aug 15, 2015.

1. d6yme

d6yme Member

I'm looking into getting a recovery truck to transport my drift car about. Pick up the odd broken car I buy and move my mates cars about when they break them.

not for hire or reward at all.

Is there some way to get private use insurance on it as with my 11 points I don't think a traders policy will be cheap

was just going to say bugger it and get a car and trailer but I don't relay like the idea of towing. Sounds much easier to just throw the car on a recovery truck and drive not worrying the whole way about the fact your towing

it will be a 3.5t wagon. looking at 1.8 with a 1.7 load wight

#1 d6yme, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  2. F51

F51 Member

you will probably struggle to insure a recovery truck on anything other than a trade policy tbh

3. Haynesey

Haynesey Active Member

You can insure them with anyone, just try money supermarket or go compare for quotes! I used to insure mine with the post office before I had a trade policy, cost me 3 parts of fuck all to be fair!

4. d6yme

d6yme Member

I have tried them and can't get a quote for a recovery truck. What did you class it as

5. gaz_moose

gaz_moose .MTM.

not many are actually registered as recovery, most are still tippers/luton/flat bed on the log book.

6. Haynesey

Haynesey Active Member

Yeah I expect I just did it as flat bed or something, but did let them know it would be transporting a car!

7. lozzy

lozzy Member

It's a risky game not declaring it for hire and reward make sure the policy has public liability if ever a car did come of the back !

8. fioops

fioops New Member

I don`t get it whether we`re covered by the law or not... We provide services for the transportation of people by car. So we just give a car and a driver of any organization and those ride on their own business. Do we need to have insurance www.total-insurance.co.uk and how much should it cost? Please answer only those who directly had experience.