Regamasters - rare 5x100 - are they sought-after?

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Supercharged5, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Supercharged5

Supercharged5 New Member

I've a set of Desmond Regamasters which makes me happy as I allways wanted them on my car but these don't fit on my 4x100 hub. I knew it when I bought them but I was not aware of how expensive the pcd converter for this combination (5x100 wheel on a 4x100 studed hub). This is the worst combination plus as the wheels are et45 7" the maximum thickness of the comverter could be not more than 20mm.
    can any of you suggest me some magical solution to mount these on my car? I consider anything te see these on my Sc'd Mx5!

on the other hand the other part of me thinks it is more logical selling these and and buying 4x100 wheels...can someone comment on the possible price of these? They go between 400 and 1400 poind and I never see 5x100 in the adverts...do these worth more or less becouse of rare fitment?

I can't advertise these here as I am new...where would you put them? I put them on Wheelshores, lot of wievs but no offer...

cheers for any advice!

2. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

5x100 7in wide et45 regas will be worth not much at all as that's a really weak offset and really weak width, not to mention a pcd suited to very little.

Regas are badass only when wide n low offset so a good dish, and then they can be worth lots if soeone is willing to pay, but without that they look really ordinary.

3. Supercharged5

Supercharged5 New Member

I had the feeling that this spec is not ideal but for those (including me) who buy wheels with the weight at the first place in mind it is the ideal 16" wheel weighing only 5,4kg...

4. mcxxvi

mcxxvi i take pictures

The weight of a wheel really means fuck all unless you've got a high performance ride.

5. Supercharged5

Supercharged5 New Member

What you mean? It my supercharged mx5 it is really noticable difference if I have 5kg or 10kg alloys on.

6. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Once you add conversion spacers its far from the lightest wheel though, and very few people that in to performance will want a et45 7x16, as the size n offset isn't performance orientated to most.

A gravel/snow spec impreza is about all I can think of, and they're usually 15s tbh.

7. Supercharged5

Supercharged5 New Member

I also thought a out fwd cars as Seat/wv/audi grop. For one who is not in the "let's go for the wides I can find" trend they could be good option to optimize performance on their 200hp minus cars where the driven and the steered wheels are at the same place - in the front.