S13 awesomeness, first skid car.

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by ashloys, Jan 2, 2013.

1. stuart.col

stuart.col Member

looks good for first slider

2. ashloys

ashloys Member

Haven't even got a chance to start on the skirts! Never used fiberglass before but should be easy enough. Used isopon loads!

I'm trying to do as much as possible myself, before this my mechanical knowledge went as far as fitting coilovers and changing brake pads. I'm still absolutely terrible and takes me forever to do things, but I may as well learn!!

Doesn't help that my neighbours HATE me and I've had the police at my house for half an hour today about noise complaints. Apparently my exhaust is illegal under the construction and use terms even though it passed MOT and declared on my insurance.

3. Burger93

Burger93 Member

As long as your not making at racket before 7 in the morning and 11 or maybe 12 at night can't remember they can't say fuck all you can be as loud as you like;)

4. Kt_370

Kt_370 Member

Seriously love this car! Literally what I'm trying to find!

5. ashloys

ashloys Member

I know that dude, but apparently it's got to the stage where they have said they can seize my car (apparently) if it's out on the road. According to the police officer any aftermarket exhaust system is illegal and action can be taken. I can explain in detail what he said if you wish lol

Thank you :) tonnes of stuff will be arriving in the next few weeks whenever I get it ordered. Keep your eyes peeled!

6. stuart.col

stuart.col Member

You seem to be having a lot of problems with the police, makes me think that the police in my area isnt that bad, all we get pulled for is to check we have inshurance and to check the tyres and they seem to think that S body's are an older version of the new GT-R and think they are FWD

#66 stuart.col, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  7. Burger93

Burger93 Member

Without getting shitty with then just explain if it was illegal your insurance company wouldn't insure you if it's on there and ask them why you still see other "boy racer cars" driving ago with after market exhaust and why they can go though M.O.T and ring VOSA and ask them there views on the matter is since they have more enforcements when it comes to traffic laws

8. ashloys

ashloys Member

Yeh it's quite bad over here, I'm only getting bother because I have the worst neighbours in the world though. They even have roadside MOT checks etc all over the country. It's usually just to catch farmers in diesel 306's with no springs though! Haha

9. ashloys

ashloys Member

I've already tried explaining all of that, I even read over the section of the law he was talking about and as far as I see he's 'technically' right.. It's not as if I'm trying to make noise. It's just my neighbours having a fucking hissy fit at me working on my own car and having a loud exhaust. Not one of my friends has ever had a complaint.

Only option may be to get a varex exhaust with a butterfly valve or whatever it is.

10. steve109

steve109 Member

I'm having a similar problem with my neighbours, so feel your pain man. I was knocking 4 studs out of a hub and into another and they where round complaining after 5-10 minutes of using a mallet at 1:30pm! Total joke, I've been dealing with it for years but they haven't called police etc yet as they know they have no leg to stand on as regards to noise in the day time. I'm always working on it after 8am and tend to pack up at 9pm unless its quiet stuff then I'll carry on for as long as I want if its in the garage.

I'm going to be fitting a butterfly valve at somepoint, for now I've just got one of those exhaust bungs in to keep them happy, which I shouldn't need to do anyway. Mine failed an MOT for excessive noise over here, 3 inch straight through.. so had to do something about it.

11. Tom_R33

Tom_R33 Member

car coming along nicely mate, looking for an s13 myslef for a drifter :)

12. ashloys

ashloys Member

You seem to have it easy compared to me lol I have no problem with my neighbours complaining non-stop, i enjoy being a cheeky fucker to them whenever they do. Lol it's just the police taking more of an interest now and making very serious threats that are scaring me.

What are you going to do for the butterfly valve? That's what I want to do.

Thanks very much :) hard to find a clean one, over here anyways!

13. steve109

steve109 Member

I've been looking at the inline exhaust control valves that just bolt straight on to your system, you can get manual cable operated ones and electronic ones, but they're not cheap around £100 I think last time I looked

14. ashloys

ashloys Member

Can you give me a link on where to get them please? :)

15. 200sx_

200sx_ PS13 x TD Power

Looks awesome dude! Need to be gangsta' low to pull of colours like that

16. ashloys

ashloys Member

Hasn't went through MOT yet, before that I had about 1cm clearance on the front bumper with a good bit of tuck. It'll be like that again don't worry ;)

17. steve109

steve109 Member

18. ashloys

ashloys Member

Cheers dude :)

19. fitzer

fitzer New Member

awesome car! glad to see it out again. would have loved to bought your civic man

20. ashloys

ashloys Member

Should have an MOT on friday all being well, then I'll get more pictures and I can take it to a mates to paint the bumpers as well.

Yeh it was a real good car, the girl who has it now is taking care of it well! Although it has fake BBS RS's on it now (boke)! Don't really miss it at all tbh. Having so much fun with this.