S13 Daily Driver/Occasional Skidder/Life Ruiner

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by ali303, Jul 27, 2012.

1. ali303

ali303 Member

Having a bit of a nightmare with the car at the moment; the turbo was smoking worse than ever so I tried to track down a replacement...I ended up with an absolutely mint T25G which I was told would fit without any issues...except it didn't come with an actuator and neither a T25 or T28 one fit...shit.

Of course we only discovered this after pulling off the manifold/turbo/downpipe/lines etc :( Today is going to be spent putting it all back together as it was and praying the turbo survives Santa Pod DWYB...which is tomorrow! So if anyone going to Santa Pod tomorrow has a half decent T25 lying around please let me know as I'll probably buy it off you just in case! Also if anyone wants a mint T25G (without actuator) give me a shout.

2. ChrisL200SX

ChrisL200SX Member

Bad news man, best of luck with it. Get plenty of snaps :)

3. ali303

ali303 Member

So the last week or so with the car has been pretty hectic...after getting the rear camber/toe/tractions arms on obviously everything needed aligning. Everyone said to trek down to A-Line to get it done properly but that's far too much effort for me, so I gave a mate a ring who works at a local tyre/exhaust garage that has a sophistimicated alignment doer and asked if he fancied a challenge. We copied my mate Jonny's setup sheet (which actually was from A-Line) and after a bit of fiddling it was all setup straight and true, just what I wanted and it saved me a 200 mile round trip.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then it was on to sorting the knackered turbo. After struggling to find a good T25 locally I ended up with a T25G that appeared to have just been rebuilt (which is now up for sale on here).

[​IMG]

So we tore everything off...

[​IMG]

...only to find we couldn't use a T25 or a T28 actuator. Balls. Anyway we smashed everything back on (including the ruined turbo), by the time I'd finished collecting tyres and packing it was 230am, 5am wake up call for DWYB...:(

Through some miracle everything survived the 150 mile journey there, a full day of skids (pics to come) and the 150 mile journey home, result!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So the next step to get the car back on the road is to get a half decent T25 on there for the time being until I decide what to do engine-wise. Hmm decisions, decisions...

4. dori_wey

dori_wey Member

need more of this car looks sick man good work :) more pics more everything ...

5. spin-king

spin-king Active Member

Liking this bud good read

shame about the tubby problems but keep with it

6. Gaz325

Gaz325 Member

Wahey my garage :) anyone else needing there car setting up and your in the northwest drop me a pm I am mega cheap to

Ali the car looks mega and erm kinda low lol

7. ali303

ali303 Member

Some pics that have popped up on my Facebook in the last few days:

Thanks to Chris from StyleCase | Facebook for the first two

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Going to try and get it back to full health ASAP so I'm still on the look out for a decent T25 I can whack on for the time being just so I can get back out there and carry on trying to kill the CA. Once that happens I'll start thinking about what's next :smash:

8. mart67

mart67 Member

Hi bro, what skirts are they do you know?

9. ChrisL200SX

ChrisL200SX Member

This is my old car, I fitted them.

They were a super cheap, unbranded set from ebay. The seller has disappeared since, he only had 4 sets for sale...

10. Papercutout

Papercutout Active Member

Good work mate, looks fun! It's a lot easier to skid than an FC isn't it? I've got mine for sale atm too.

11. ali303

ali303 Member

Yeah a hell of a lot easier to be honest! The FC was very unforgiving...but it'd be interesting to give it a go now now I've kind of got the swing of things more.

12. gibbo s14

gibbo s14 the yarco

looks sweet mate needs a import rear bumper and spats

13. connor wallis

connor wallis New Member

loving the s13, what size are those rota's if you don't mind me asking ?? thanks Connor

14. ali303

ali303 Member

Would look cool with them, maybe once I've smashed the current one I'll think about it

16x8 et10 :)

15. ali303

ali303 Member

Right, had a look at the car at the weekend to assess what needs doing. Obviously the turbo needs replacing but I've still not had any luck finding a decent T25 for sale. Also one of the manifold > head studs has...ejected itself at some point, hence all of the ridiculous noise as technically one of the cylinders is running open header now thanks to the manifold basically hanging off:smash: Anyone got any ideas where I can get some new studs?

16. ali303

ali303 Member

Not a lot to report, finally managed to source a new T25 turbo last week so the last few days have been spent getting it all sorted!

[​IMG]

Old unit:

[​IMG]

New tubby:

[​IMG]

And how it stands now after a couple of evening's work. All back together, just having a few issues with the oil return on the turbo. Once that's sorted, I fancy a bit more lock so tension rods and rod ends might be on the agenda. Also really need a drivers bucket seat, and I may also have a replacement for the CA lined up very soon.

[​IMG]

Most importantly though, I just want to get out there and do some slip wheels!

#36 ali303, Oct 17, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  17. ali303

ali303 Member

Oil return sorted, problems solved! Also agreed to buy an SR20 for her which I'll be picking up this week, let the spending commence.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. [F]rea[K]listi

I love the look of this s13!
    What spec is the sr?

19. Wackojacko.

Wackojacko. Member

Looks awesome, Love the "ducktail" boot lip.

20. ali303

ali303 Member

Completely standard bare engine, means I can upgrade all of the ancillaries and bits all in one go, and seeing as I can get everything from work it'll save hassle in the long run I guess.

[​IMG]