S13 Daily Driver/Occasional Skidder/Life Ruiner

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by ali303, Jul 27, 2012.

1. ali303

ali303 Member

Well, some progress was made today...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ChrisL200SX

ChrisL200SX Member

Strong work! The main thing I always wanted to do to it.

When you plan having it running again?

Any particular 'stage' in mind regarding powers?

3. ali303

ali303 Member

Need it done for Anglesey in February but ideally would like it running a few weeks before then just to work through the inevitable teething problems. Need to do a few other little jobs like fixing the rust on the front right top mount and also removing the ABS/making up new lines.

Power-wise...nothing out of the ordinary. Usual T28, wind the boost up a bit, have fun! I want to keep it as reliable as possible for next season just so I can get maximum seat time.

4. chidley

chidley i like fingers

your ambitions are exactly the same as mine, just gotta kick my ass into gear, however my plans may change slightly regarding which shell i use soon... hush hush :p

5. ali303

ali303 Member

So after dropping the bare engine in last Saturday I didn't do much until we moved the car to the workshop aboard Kevin The Truck...

[​IMG]

...where my collection was waiting for me along with all the other Nissan bits I've been trying to collect.

[​IMG]

Japspeed 180SX rad

[​IMG]

Freshly rebuilt T28 core mated to the only hot side I could find in my shed that wasn't cracked to fook (T25) along with a Forge bladcuator, Japspeed Spec-T manifold and elbow

[​IMG]

SR bellhousing

[​IMG]

My original CA box (looking far healthier internally than her 158,000 miles would suggest

[​IMG]

Lol'd while fitting it

[​IMG]

Ant getting giddy with the lump hammer and my poor transmission tunnel

[​IMG]

Exedy Stage 2 clutch

[​IMG]

Japspeed Intercooler raised up nice and high to avoid speed bumps and small children

[​IMG]

Japspeed Twin Downpipe for splendid clearance

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And how we've left her for now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was planning on removing the ABS unit at a later date (it's already disabled) but there was no way the Spec-T mani would fit with it being there. We just had to sack of the ABS unit and now we just need to make up some new lines which will hopefully be the job for tomorrow night. Other than that the turbo lines need doing and then the inevitable "yay it's done"/"oh no why doesn't that bit work"/"arghhh ffs" :smash:

6. ChrisL200SX

ChrisL200SX Member

The only reason the ABS doesn't work, is because some dogey previous owner took the little ECU out, to cable tie in a speaker to the hole it left :wack:

It's looking really good mate, hope to meet it again out on track :)

P.s. I'm super jealous of your workspace.... dick.

:cool:

7. ali303

ali303 Member

Haha I remember you saying dude, think those speakers need to come out to be honest as there's still a couple of wiring issues and I don't think they're helping.

I don't suppose anyone reading this has an SR turbo oil return pipe and a set of SR gearbox bolts? CA items aren't compatible :(

8. ali303

ali303 Member

Well she's nearly there, unfortunately I only get chance to put in a couple of hours here and there after work, and with getting everything ready for Autosport/catching up after Autosport workshop time and space was a bit limited.

Anyways, everything vital is in, she's cranking over but the fuel pump just will not prime. The pump's getting power, we removed my immobiliser just to make sure (and also because at some point in the months since the car died I've lost the little magnet thing to deactivate it). I'm presuming it's a loom related issue, I'm sure we'll get to the bottom of it shortly but if anyone who's had the issue before could shed some light on it it'd be much appreciated :)

9. 200sx_

200sx_ PS13 x TD Power

Where did the loom and ecu come from? If its jap spec, the fuel pump pin and CAS wires are in surrender locations as to the uk loom on the main plug? I'd make sure your using Jap loom with Jap ecu or vise versa

10. Tim200s13

Tim200s13 Member

coming on nicely dude, get an ABS removal kit from DB Power, you will get braided lines for everything and they are very reasonable

11. Tim200s13

Tim200s13 Member

Did you have much drama getting the SR in? doing it myself in a few months after i've killed the CA mmwwwwwaahhhahahahahaha

12. ali303

ali303 Member

Running issues solved guys but thanks for the input! Turned out it was the fuel pump relay down by the ECU - thankfully my good man Jonny Tipping had the exact same issue with his conversion a few months back and suggested it straight away.

Engine sounds healthy considering it hasn't run for months so it's time to just tidy everything up and plumb everything in that isn't already plumbed in.

[​IMG]

I also need a pair of T28 inlet/intake pipes if anyone has any lying around!? These two:

[​IMG]

All ECU/loom/NATS/engine came from the same S14a :)

Cheers dude, and we're making our own lines tomorrow night :smash:

13. ChrisL200SX

ChrisL200SX Member

14. ali303

ali303 Member

You'll get to see her again soon :p

15. ChrisL200SX

ChrisL200SX Member

Sounds good to me man!

When it's all back together and whatnot, I'll have to get everyone over this way to come over one night.

What's cracking with Ed's new build?

16. ali303

ali303 Member

Definitely man.

And his 14's being reshelled into a black 13 ;)

17. brad88

brad88 Member

loving it dude! good work! :)

18. ali303

ali303 Member

Thanks man.

Got the intake/intercooler pipework finished tonight as well as the power steering pump setup. Ant made up a temporary exhaust using whatever was lying around in the parts bin - it'll do for now but it's still not high enough yet. Also stuck a bleed valve on for the time being until I can be bothered sorting an electronic one.

Also seem to have a water leak from BOTH braided water lines, not overly impressed to be honest :/ Also the car seems a little hesitant, maybe the standard fuel pump isn't really up to the job either? Lots of stuff to think about and hardly any time until Anglesey...think I might have to throw in the towel for the time being and sell my ticket :(

19. Burger93

Burger93 Member

Looks an awesome build thread for now, can't wait till I can get mine started:-)

20. Ross.

Ross. Active Member

You used to have a thunder grey EJ9, right?

S13 looks really nice man, props on getting the SR in. Hope all goes well for you!