s14 braided clutch line? whautt?

Thread in 'Driftworks Products & Enquiries' started by Daze, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Just got this through the post

Driftworks Braided Clutch Line for Nissan 200SX / 180SX / Skyline^Fits all RWD models S13, S14, S15, R32, R33, R34, A31, C33, C34, C35 - Clutch Lines - Clutches - Drivetrain - Car Parts

I thought this would be replacing the entire line, from master cylinder to slave cylinder? ie, getting rid of that pointless bit of pipework under the car.

But upon getting it, the line is only about 12-inch long, surely this isn't long enough to do this?

Or am I getting confused with something else??

2. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

nah you have to get the HEL ones form EBAY the driftworks ones only do the short rubber bit (ie almost nothing) and not cutting out the dumb ass damper thing.

3. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

No, it replaces the stock flexi.
    If you want to get rid of the damper, just bend the hardpipe round and go from that to the slave using that line.

4. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Ah bugger, that's annoying. Otherwise I would have ordered a HEL one from eBay.

I'll have a go at bending the hardpipe. I just dont want that damper thing.

5. kam

It is described as a flexi hose replacing the stock item, not as a damper delete.
    I'll put something in there explaining that it doesn't do that though.

I'd keep the damper. Can't say I've ever had clutch bite/feel problems - I'll take anything I can to reduce drivetrain shock.

6. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Well I've run with no damper in my s13 for the best part of 3 years and really liked the feel of it.

Sent an email to sales@driftworks.com for refund. No hard feelings guys, just not what I wanted.

7. Clive

Clive Active Member

Most delete it for ease of bleeding :D

8. kam

Yeah it is a bit annoying to bleed, but again, I'd rather have it there for the sake of bleeding it.

9. kam

Cool, emailed back :)

10. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Cool, will go 1st class today. Pop me an email back, Kam, once you've got it :)

11. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

i was linked to this from FB, i didnt mean to cunt Dw products off in the dw section sorry,

however, The damper for me has ruined 2 exeedy paddle clutches.

when going for like 3rd gear at tracks like teeside/mallory, in a 2nd to 3rd while on drift. the damper ment the clutch wouldnt instantly bite causing it to slip, and maybe some how score the bearing on the cover plate.(not proven) but its happened on both of mine, i brought the DW one thinking it would remove the hard pipes and damper, however it did not, but as per useual dw were awesome in taking a unopened return.

however the HEL/ebay one was similar price and solved problems, 3rd gear, in the bone try at lydden hill. no issues.

Dw why you no do a full one?

:D

12. kam

Never caused a problem for me, inc 2nd to 3rd gear burnouts on RSRs - my car only had about 280HP though.
    Like I said, if you wanna remove the damper just bend the line round - I chose to leave mine in.

[​IMG]

As it seems to be the general consensus that people want the damper removed, so I'll look at changing it :)

13. CBRParr

CBRParr Active Member

Bit of a thread revival.. The nut at the end of the solid clutch line has been rounded off.. So I'm thinking about cutting it off and replacing it with a braided version.. In this case what do I need to go for? I've got a new mastercylinder going in too..

14. kam

You'll want the full version. Drop me an email and I'll look at getting one made up you can test :)
    sales@driftworks.com

15. CBRParr

CBRParr Active Member

16. silverzx

silverzx Member

17. joeshaw123

joeshaw123 Member