s14 Navan street car

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Daze, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Dan507

Dan507 Member

on the inner arch and the top of the chassis leg, i've hammered mine quite alot, i have 17x9 et 17 wheels with a 15mm spacer. i have the HSD's up front with the 7k springs but i've got some 10k's to go up front.

Mine slightly tucks tyre at the font.

#741 Dan507, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  2. Retro - Slide

Retro - Slide Member

Any updates on this?

3. sparky_s13

sparky_s13 Active Member

Came on this thread yesterday thinking the same after finally seeing it in the flesh at Matsuri but never actually seen it on the track :(

I assume a big update is lurking

4. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Right, finally an update!

Booked to go to Anglesey Matsuri for late October, and I had also been invited to take part in the BDC night demos too, so that should be fun! I'd never been to Anglesey before, so I was excited to try out a new circuit!

Firstly though, a few small things to fix on the car - mostly oil leaks. A mate of mine helped with that (with a pit in his garage). It was a loose AN10 fitting on the Tomei oil take off, next to impossible to get to, so we remove the alternator then nipped it up.

[​IMG]

Then, as I was to take part in the night demos, I thought I’d spice the car up with some neons! Please, don’t judge me! Hahaha

[​IMG]

Headed to Anglesey on the Friday night. It was a hell of a drive for me, but got there in the end. It must have been worse for Hudson though, driving up in his PS13!

[​IMG]

Friday night the weather was absolutely insane - wind, rain, cold, just horrible. The Saturday started similar, but luckily cleared up. I got into the swing quickly, starting on the small "entry practice" hairpin, which was really good fun. Almost no queue, and with all my mates there, the best fun :)

[​IMG]

I next tried out the "Touge" circuit. WOW, incredible. Its all linkable with almost no manji's, really feels Japan driving it, mega undulations on the layout, so much fun

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The weather cleared up & onto the fast layout. I got paired up with none other than Huxley! It was an amazing & quite special few moments for me, having Hux on my door. He's someone I've looked up to in drifting for many years, such a cool dude, and cool car!

[​IMG]

Early afternoon Saturday, With Joe Ankers chasing on the Touge circuit, I overcooked it a little & binned it into some tyres! Luckily there wasn’t any major damage, but my neons I fitted especially for the Saturday night demos were destroyed! Hahah, karma?

[​IMG]

The night battles began, holy crap, it was intense. It was BDC/Driftcup/Retro guys only, so all of the dudes really knew how to drive, and basically everyone apart from me had huge light bars, neons, flashing strobes, everything on their cars. I just had 2 crappy 20yr-old Nissan headlights to help me on an almost pitch-black circuit. I did about 6 laps, killed a pair of tyres, and called it a night! It was fun though!

[​IMG]

On the Saturday night I spent the night at a local self-catering holiday home thing (with big thanks to one of my sponsors, Stu Roy, Garage SR for hooking me up). Feeling fresh for the Sunday, the weather was spot on, I got straight back out there. The car was running so well the entire time, literally no faults...

[​IMG]

...Until, the gearbox blew :( I guess its about time I blew a gearbox, its the same gearbox I've been running since I've had the car, so almost 3 years now. I could select gears, but I couldn't drive anywhere. This happened about lunchtime Sunday, and I called it quits for the weekend. Got the car on the trailer, packed up & enjoyed watching for the rest of the day.

[​IMG]

As always, I have some incar GoPro footage :)

Touge circuit in the wet

Fast circuit, in the dry with Hux chasing

Fast circuit, in the dry, BDC night demos (terrifying)

Touge circuit in the dry, crash

Touge circuit in the dry (the run before my gearbox blew!)

. . .

5. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

. . .

With the car back home, gearbox swap was top of the list. I had a spare, and I bought new (expensive) gearbox oil again for it (Redline heavy duty shockproof). Swap wasn’t too much hassle, my mate Stu took care of this for me, whilst I did a quick spanner check on the car. Everything else was fine :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then, I had the car booked in with another mate who does body repairs. I finally got him to repair the crash damage rear quarter that I did way back in 2014 when I crashed into Ryan Poth at Snetterton. Finally I have an offside rear light which isn’t smashed :)

[​IMG]

And then back to my buddy Stu’s for rear arch tubbing in prep for overfenders. Its not something I really wanted to do, but needs-a-must now. I really liked the idea of keeping metal arches for as long as possible, but they were well past it, and I need more grip on the back - overfenders will give more width for wider tyres.

[​IMG]

Both sides done like this, with a little lip to help protect overfenders

[​IMG]

Once it was back home, I offered up the overfenders which Kinzuru Kits supplied for me. Really good quality, +50mm, they fit great! I was worried they’d bulge like mad & look horrible, but I’m pleasantly surprised on how well they suit the car!

[​IMG]

I’ve also picked up a pair of new skirts as well, they are Vertex. I think it works well!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll be keeping the Navan front & rear bumpers though, half due to costs as I'm now trying to spend minimal amount on the car (due to a wedding to save for!), but mostly because I still really like the Navan front. However, I do have some slight further changes to cosmetics to come to the car, so more updates with that soon! :)

6. Hotten

Hotten New Member

i like the body of this car.

7. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Well, I'm sorry to tell everyone that the car has been SOLD :(

[​IMG]

That is the last photo before the keys were handed over to the new owner.

The decision to sell was a hard one, but overall I don't feel too upset about it. I've had a lot of fun in this car, and its done me well. With the questions of "what's next", I'm sorry to disappoint, but I have nothing else planned in regards to a fun/drift car.

Thanks to everyone's kind comments throughout this build!

8. pitesy

pitesy Member

Gutted. Had a lot of fun reading the updates over the years. Yours was my inspiration when I had my S14, it looked just like yours, but in red. :) Hope you will get another car in the future, would love to see a new build.

9. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Thanks man!! Indeed :)

10. essexcapri25

essexcapri25 Member

11. Johny_k

Johny_k Member

Ahhh maaan! its a shame you sold the car, this was a really inspiring build, definitely stood out from the rest of the crowd, looking forward to seeing what your gonna get next, no doubt its gonna be something cool, s15 maybe?

12. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Nothing planned at all in the way of my own car, sorry man

As above, nothing planned that I'll own myself. OPJP Imports have given me a sponsored drive for 2017 which is in an s15 for BDC ProAm. They are fairly open minded in regard to engine choice & styling, so keep your eyes pealed for that in the coming months. I'm not sure if a build thread will be done for that though, we'll see.

13. J_W97

J_W97 Member

How come you decided to sell up if I may ask?

14. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Cost of generally using it & enjoying it mostly. My sponsors were not able to help financially to physically get me to events, help pay for tyres or help toward event fee's. The cheap/discount/free parts from some of my sponsors are greatly appreciated of course, but as of late, the car didn't actually need anything done or fixed on it, I just needed tyres, fuel & entrance fees.

Affording that, and being competitive in the BDC, all on my own is not really possible on my wage, whilst also saving for a wedding! On top of that, taking the car off the road late last year meant I haven't touched the car at all. The driveway/garage setup I have is not ideal to build/fix cars, and all my neighbours hate me! Lol

15. J_W97

J_W97 Member

Ah unlucky man. Can relate to the un-ideal garage/driveway though and units aren't exactly cheap.

16. Retro - Slide

Retro - Slide Member

Don't suppose the new owners going to be carrying this thread on is he?

17. Scott_young

Scott_young Member

Just red all of this build...

Done a lot of work man car looked amazing...

And then i red its sold :(

18. mint

mint touch my fruit

Could you not drift without doing Competitions? :S

Best of luck in the future though Daze, really fell for this car during her super clean times. :) One of the best.

[​IMG]

#758 mint, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  19. stefan

stefan Member

Would be good to see a build thread on the s15, like others have said this is the best build thread on here and has been hugely inspirational to many.

20. Dan507

Dan507 Member

I bought this car from Daze, i Dont really do build threads but i'll post some photos up every now and again.

Might be better to follow me on instagram, @dangeer507