s14 Navan street car

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Daze, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Fuck it, I wasn't going to post this but might as well.

I did a photoshop, this is how I hope to have the car sitting & looking in the next couple months, if not sooner. Its a realistic photoshop, about 25mm drop, approx 20mm added into front LCA's etc. Plus a few other cosmetic touches :)

[​IMG]

2. vdublou94

vdublou94 Member

Dude, this is a seriously cool car! I'm not the biggest fan of Zenki's but this is awesome!

3. Magic21

Magic21 Active Member

Really loving the shopped version Dave :)

4. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Thanks guys :)

So today I cracked on and did the Part Shop Max high mount intercooler (hmic) with the help of my bud Ryan. Huge thanks to you man, big help! Anyway, this was a mission of a job which took basically all day. Most of the hassle was removing all the AC, carbon canister, recirc ballcrap.

Managed to angle grind the front out enough to get it to sit just perfect, started to get everything back together then found the clamps that PSM had supplied are just too small for the IC pipework which is a real bugger :( I didn't give up on it for about an hour, trying to get the bloody clamps over the pipework & to sit right, but they are just too tight.

With no other options, we put the car back together without any clamps, just with zip ties on the IC pipework and I'll have to avoid driving the car until I have clamps that actually fit.

Bummer, apart from that all good, here's some photos of it done. Engine bay needs a good clean up now, greasy handprints & bits of crud everywhere lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can see, it's pretty tight with the headlights in! Changing a high beam bulb would mean taking out the entire light now lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This morning we also went to Parcel Force to pickup my Integra DC2 Type-R front lip. Bought from US eBay, I've seen plenty of photos of on the net of s14's with Navan bumpers looking pretty sweet.

Couple zip ties and it lined up pretty well

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Needs some work to get it to sit spot on, but pretty stoked with how it looks straight up. Works perfect with the lines of the Navan aero I think. Last photo went a bit arty

[​IMG]

Mega wasted from a day of spannering now, time for beer.

5. carlrst

carlrst Member

great work! is the cooler of poor quality then? or they just messed up with the clips? never bought from max.
    and shame about the blue coolant hose :p

6. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Na the core is such great quality, and the pipework lines up so well, just the clamps. I wonder if they chucked in clamps for a kit for another car maybe? Not sure.

Heh yeah, maybe change that at some point :)

7. carlrst

carlrst Member

yea more than likely.
    interested to hear if there is much differnce high mounted :)

8. RoboEK

RoboEK Member

Daze have you contacted PBM about the issue with the clamps? If not speak to Nate who works there he helped me out when I had a issue (nothing serious) with an order.

I can pm you his email if you need it.

9. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

@kam from previous page, think daze is in the same position as me, I run 215/40/17 on the r33 rims, it really like to run 225/40/17 but its just not practical/available/affordable. Realistically your looking at a choice between 215/40/17 or 235/40/17 I'm picking up some 235 next week to have a test fit after my winter suspension tweeks!

10. Elmo

Elmo .................

Nice car. How much was the intercooler?

11. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

I haven't yet no, haven't got round to it. Pop me a PM if you can, that'd be great.

Indeed, 225/40/17 would be the ideal choice but finding them are hard & expensive. 235/40 seems spot on.

Was about £340 inc shipping & import duty & a t-shirt :)

Got basically no photos over the last couple days of what I've been doing, simply because it should have been an easy task, but alas it was not!

Decided to do an oil change and this meant finally the chance to install the gauge sandwich plate. Sump plug out, oil seemed good, filter off, gauge plate on, started tightening up with a ratchet and SNAP. Fuck :( Snapped the thread on the block. Totally my fault, just went too heavy on the ratchet, felt like punching something.

Sourced another housing, collected it, got back, removed my housing, totally different. One removed on my car on left, new one I bought on right.

[​IMG]

Kill me now. Gave up, pushed the car outside the garage and left it overnight. Went to Nispro (Walton Smith) in the morning to get the correct part. Turns out JDM to UK cars have different oil filter housings, UK cars have a kind of built-in oil cooler, JDM engines do not.

Anyway, got home, fitted, new filter, nice 10w50 oil, started and all good. Gauges read nicely, 2 bar in hot idle, don't think there's any leaks but time will tell. Thankfully all is well :)

I've also increased the boost a tiny bit, been on 0.5 bar since I've owned it, now set at about 0.8 bar, car pulls VERY well now and seems very lively! Spool on the FMIC is way more noticeable, brilliant to drive!

12. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Well well, Happy New Year everyone lol. Went for a drive the other night, found a huge water leak. Thought it was going to be massively bad news, but luckily I found I totally left off the clip for the bottom rad hose! Haha, idiot.

Got a new one, then went for a big drive to the New Forest on New Year's day with the gf, had pub lunch and came home. Car was spot on and fun to blast around the forest :D got a couple pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

lip is awesome, you need to lower the back tho dude!

14. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Oh for sure, still running on 255/40 tyres on the back, they're huge lol :D

15. Darragh

Darragh driftireland.com

I think you need a Kouki rear bumper with spats to pull off that roof spoiler to be honest! Other than that it's sweet, reminds me of my old one :(

[​IMG]

16. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Aye ^ Thinking of kouki rear bumper/spats indeed, perhaps on the cards later in the year. On the hunt for Kouki rear spoiler at the moment, get that painted & fitted and I'll see how it looks :)

17. Ross.

Ross. Active Member

I really love this dude, looks so simple but it works very well.

18. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Thanks buddy, that's the idea of this car - keep it simple, keep it fun :)

Bought a pair of rear camber arms from Driftworks over Xmas and got 10% discount (thanks guys!)

[​IMG]

But not sure when I'll be fitting them yet. Still got the GeoMasters sat in a box doing nothing, but I've got a Pod day coming up on the 26th, currently not sure if I will have time to fit the knuckles before. Tempted to fit just the fronts and leave the back as it is for now so I can appreciate the difference more?

Just depends on weather and how much time I have free.

19. Beezy

Beezy Pimp slider!

Man, them GTR wheels go great with the Navan kit.

Keeping it simple and fun is the way dude, keep it up!

20. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Thanks buddy! Yeah I'm stoked with how it looks at the moment :)

Last weekend managed to get a few small bits done, tidied a bit more of the engine bay. Took all the Apexi gauges out and re-soldered all the connections with heat shrink as occasionally they were flickering on & off.

Also managed to remove the stock downpipe & fit my Driftworks SuperLow twin pipe, took about 20 min's went very smoothly for a change! Didn't fancy attempting swapping turbo elbow in situ so I'll leave the stock one on for now.

[​IMG]

Went for a drive, huge increase in responsiveness!

Then on Sunday went to a car meet, had a roast, car is awesome to drive. Hawk eyes amongst you will notice Ive fitted a rear licence plate tilt bracket which I used to have on my s13, nice subtle improvement.

[​IMG]

Side shot gives a good idea of current ride height & tyre profiles. 235/40 front 255/40 rear. I will drop rears to 235/40 profile once these are dead which should look nicer, along with lowering/alignment once GeoMasters are fitted.

[​IMG]