S14 parts into R33... need some help

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by MrNotSoNiceGuy, Jan 23, 2018.

1. MrNotSoNiceGuy

MrNotSoNiceGuy New Member

So i've looked all over the internet for this and i can't find the answers to my questions so here goes
    I want to be able to fit nissan s14 crossmember, tension rod mounts and subframe to an r33
    Does the crossmember and tension rod mounts bolt straight up? And what do i need to perform a subframe swap?
    Plus i heard that s14 rear coilovers fit r33, i know the fronts don't but i'll change that
    Any help would be grateful.

2. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

Considering the R33 fits in the S14 then yes the S14 front crossmember will fit in the R33

Pretty sure the tension rod mounts / caster rod brackets are longer in the R33. When you put an RB25 in an S14 using the R33 crossmember the radiator sits a lot closer to the engine than in an R33, and the tension rod mount's to the lower cross brace infront of the radiator

Yes S14 and R33 rear coilovers are interchangeable

3. MrNotSoNiceGuy

So since the caster rod brackets are longer am i still able to fit an s14 lower arm and caster rod? My plan is to fit a TDP or Wisefab lower controll arm so i need to know for sure
    Plus for the subframe swap, do i only need solid subframe bushings?

4. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

The caster rods are the same length, and so are the lower control arm so any aftermarket LCA/tension rod setup will work in either of the R33 or S14 crossmembers

The R33 rear subframe will bolt straight into an S14, no solid subframe bushings required. However, check which subframe the R33 has, as some come with an R180 (which is garbage).

5. MrNotSoNiceGuy

Thanks for the help mate :)

6. chodjinn

chodjinn Active Member

The front subframe will bolt straight up, but yes you need the R33 tension/castor rod brackets as they are longer. Same for R32 - which is what I did. I have test fitted a TDP kit and it will bolt straight up, you will need to chop the subframe to clear the inner part of the TDP lower arm to get full range of movement though - pics on google for this / TDP instructions.