S14 rear subframe swap question

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by THICK SOUP, May 13, 2010.

1. angrydan

angrydan raaage

this is a mod i cant be bothered to do!!! tbh i dont see enough benifits!!

all this machine talk and what not!!! are u at a level where u have the need for more traction?

tbh mods like this sound good on paper or the real world of the internet lol but in reality how much ACTUAL gain can u get, rather than oh that feels good!!! but has it made u faster?

i run stock s13 subframe, nice DW arms, stock subframe bushed with locking colors!!!

i have shit loads of traction = job done!!!!

2. Desperate_Dan

Desperate_Dan Member

Put me down for a set, of offset bushes my car came over from Japland with s14 subframe with rubber mounts and i need to get that sorted

3. swiftmini

swiftmini Active Member

Ummm its ok for peeps with dw hubs

Some of us like to tinker. I got asked too design some bushes, so too make sure i got it right I did it on my own car first. Also i wanted to refresh the subframe, arms and bolts. I needed a new frame to paint up so an s14 frame was an obvious upgrade.

Im not disagreeing with you, i just think its a waste of time preaching to peeps on here about ride heights or whether its a waste of time to have subframe riser bushes machined up (which will probably be cheaper than normal solid bushes and not much more than collars.

After Phils epic entry, everyone wants driftworks hubs so they can do backwards entries but reallity is lots of japs and dudes like fink have stock knuckles allround and managed backwards entries for years.

i know for a fact that my car is far quicker in grip driving since i fitted the s14 frame.

Drifting is supposed to be fun and i wanna run my car on the floor. If some crappy bushes will help my geometry then sounds all good too me.

I'll let you drive my car when its back together if you want to see for yourself what the crack is!

Peace
    Kev

4. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle In Safe Hands

He's just jelous because he know's your car's better than his....

:wack:

Doesn't bon have an S14 subframe fitted to the back of the R32? I know he did to the white one. As did Frenchy to the Maroon S13.

5. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

Yup :)

6. swiftmini

swiftmini Active Member

Ahhahaha.

Nah mines shit cose i fitted the rb25 :dw:

7. THICK SOUP

THICK SOUP Active Member

Has anybody tried to get a N/A Z32 rear subframe into S13.

Z32 rear track width = 1554mm

I know the arms are the same length, well the TT ones are, so the extra width must be in the frame, like the S14. The N/A diff mounts look like the S14 back plate will fit, so prob the S13 diff with the S14 back plate would fit, might need to use spacers for the drive shafts or use the Z drive shafts & drive flanges if they fit.

Just wondering if the subframe mounting pins on the S13 would end up outside the bush holes in the subframe?

8. gaz_moose

gaz_moose .MTM.

use whatever driveshafts match the output flanges on your diff.unless you intend on using gtr/300zx TT bits

i was always under the impression the na z32 basically used an r32gtst none hicas/s13 rear subframe.

9. THICK SOUP

THICK SOUP Active Member

The Z32 rear subframe is bigger, I have had the Z32 & S13 frames next to each other but that was a while ago & I can't remember how much bigger the frame was.

10. angrydan

angrydan raaage

i do not use dw hubs on the front!!!

and people are blind if they think super mega lock makes it possible to do backwards entries!!!!

im not saying dont swap subframe it u have time money skills to do so, what i am saying is this is a mod for people who surely must have reached the full potential of a stock 13 one?!?!?!

and skidding is always about fun dude that we can never noit agree with

and bizzle kiss it whore!!!!

11. swiftmini

swiftmini Active Member

Ah i have been mis informed lol. I was under the impression that you had prototype hubs for development purpose :rolleyes: my bad yo!

Iam no where near a skill level thats justify my spec, but my hobby is car building not drifting although drifting is fast becoming my hobby over building.

I try and build in a s much grip/traction as possible, mainly because i cant afford anything other than scrapyard part warns ect. I also want to go as fast as i can becasue thats what excites me :D

I really need to get my enthusiasm back and do some skids!!

12. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle In Safe Hands

You bring the lube, i'll bring the ketchup.

:thumbs:

13. adams13

adams13 Active Member

swiftmini i have an S14 subframe now, have you got any further with making the offset bushes again?