S14a electrical issue

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by g7gno, Dec 12, 2016.

1. g7gno

g7gno Member

OK this has become more of a problem than I thought it was to start with after my car being parked at house for 2 weeks I started it and moved 5feet and it stopped and wouldn't Start agen, I couldn't hear fuel pump prime therefore towed it to garage, now looking more in to it I doint have eml on dash Aswell as no fuel pump prime so I assume fuse/relay...
    No all fuses are in complete and relays are working as should when tested out of car, I have came across something odd when testing at ecu I have all good grounds, permanent 12v at 36 witch is a ignition switched!! And permanent 12v and 46 witch is power supply back up, ignition on 0.12v at pin 38 witch is power supply for ecu and ignition on 0.12v at pin 47 witch is eccs power,

Have started tracing for broken wires but so far seams OK any help would be much appreciated Cheers
    [​IMG]

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

2. Mehmet

Mehmet Member

Open the ecu up and look inside closely at the circuit paying special attention to failed capacitors

3. g7gno

g7gno Member

Thanks mehmet, looked just now seams OK ovicaly I can't test this so but to what I see it seams OK apart from the black board standing up with bubbles in it but I think this might just be a coating over some parts!
    [​IMG]

4. Mehmet

Mehmet Member

Poor quality pic pal can't see well but have you closely inspected the board? Burnt tracks and caps (leaking) check both sides of board, if all wiring is well and so is fuses and relays it can only be ecu especially with no eml on

5. g7gno

g7gno Member

Just a follow up on this I have now over come the problem was a broken wire black with white trace to pin 38 power supply for ecu, if anyone has simulare problems In future
    Thanks for all inputs and help
    Gino
    [​IMG]