S14a rough idle

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Trond gøran Henriksen, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Trond gøran Henriksen

Hello, i am seeking some people ho can help me with problems on my car, it now runs stock ecu, injectors, everything is stock besides exhaust. The car starts and runs fine for about 15-20 sec, and then the idle starts to act up, hard to keep idle, staling and misfirering. I tried to change the amf but nothing changes, I have asked around and other people are saying it's a bad lambda, could this be the answer?.

What so you guys think?

Best regards,
    Trond

2. Mugga_tea

Mugga_tea Member

Have a look at your idle air control valve. I'm sure they have them. Will it run if you open the throttle body a bit?

3. Spawn_CA18

Spawn_CA18 Member

%95 of those kinda problems on 90"s Nissan's are caused by either ECT sensor, vacuum/boost leak, fuel pump or AFM. I would start with Vac leak (since it's the cheapest one to fix) then measure the resistance on the ECT sensor or just for peace of mind, buy a new one. and then check the fuel pressure, change the fuel pump if necessary.

4. Trond gøran Henriksen

@Mugga_tea , i dis try to clean it, but with no luck unfortunately...

@Spawn_CA18 I did check the fuel pressure,that's good, checked the compression in the engine and that's god to. I will try the other suggestions you mentioned, thanks for the answers guy's! :)

5. Rob moore

Rob moore New Member

Have you tried adjusting your throttle sensor?

6. Trond gøran Henriksen

@Rob moore , yes I did once, still nothing. I wil try to take a video of the car, maybe that will make it easier for you guys to see :)