S197 Mustang Drift setup

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by MarcosS197, Oct 21, 2020.

1. MarcosS197

MarcosS197 New Member

47C6C7DC-CBA4-49E4-8692-4F84820FA717. My car is a 2005 Mustang GT with the manual 5 speed. They typically weigh 3500lbs wet and they have the LSD solid axle rear end. Now typically people start with stock cars and learn how to drift and start building from there. But my car is already built. I’ve had the car since it was bone stock and I’ve gone through most of the suspension, I’ve blown up the motor and had it rebuilt better, and I’m looking at getting into drifting but my main concern rn is Tire setup. These cars come with weak 17 x 8 wheels with some 235s now it’s been a while since I’ve driven this car with that setup but from what I remember those tires offered little to no grip. Maybe it was the all seasons that it had but should I start with those or the 255/45r18s I’m on now. Overall there’s not much setup changes for me to do. The cars lowered and on eibach racing struts and springs. It handles well for the mountains and has very little body roll. I drift on the street a lot so I have enough confidence to get me by but my main concern is what the heck to do about tires with out gaveling to spend a lot of cash on options

• Like Like x 1