S2000 vs 200sx

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by adrianlazlow, Apr 7, 2014.

1. adrianlazlow

adrianlazlow New Member

Hello guys
    I am from Greece. I owned a turbocharged RX-8 that was built for novice drifting (sometimes street drifting because we don't have this many tracks in Athens) but had to sell it because of many reasons.

So I need a car that can serve me as a daily driver but also as a car that I can enjoy. And by "enjoy" I mean drift or go fast in general. Now because of my situation in Greece the only cars that I can afford not only to buy but also to insure and tax are these two. Honda S2000 or 200sx. Because I still live with my parents they are not fans of the idea of having an old car (by old they mean 90s) as a daily driver in terms of safety and repairs and everything. I know that the 200sx is probably one of the easiest and best cars for drifting but to be honest with you I think the s2000 is a better daily driver and a better car in general. Because remember, this will have to be MY ONLY car.

The kind of use I'm going to be doing is drivin' everyday and sometimes fast street driving or probably once a month in a track.

My RX-8 was a really easy to drift car because of its plenty low-end torque and long wheelbase etc. So going for the s2000 means that I probably have to change my driving style completely. But how? Is it possible for the s2000 to do the stuff my RX-8 did? Or should I sacrifice the looks of the s2k and its reliability for the 200sx which is easy to drift?

Thank you in advance :D

2. Zell

Zell Member

200sx s14a - 1997-2002 - parents happy, better car, easier to drift and you don't look like a hairdresser in it :D