SANTA POD IMPROVEMENT - Version II page 9

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by mitto, Feb 21, 2011.

?

SANTA POD MEIHAN - do you want it?

1. YES - I'd like a greater challenge

86.3%
  2. NO - I don't like the idea of change

13.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. combattuk

combattuk Member

^^fair one lol

2. Blackadder

Blackadder Rawr!

Nice to see my post got deleted along with Mitto and George's shite...

3. GmasterT

GmasterT Heavy Industries...

I dont remember posting any shite? :D

4. Suprash

Suprash spl dori mater

*cough* Really ? *cough* :D

And to make Pod better, re-tarmac the fucking place.....:D

#544 Suprash, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  5. Blackadder

Blackadder Rawr!

:smash::smash:

I don't see whats wrong with pod. Its a place for new people to learn, and works perfectly with what it does.

6. haza88

haza88 Active Member

tracks layout is fine, surface is shit= level out and re surface it, white line and cone the track out jobs a gooden

7. JDM-SAM

JDM-SAM Member

Soooo been reading through all this and only 1 question......what's the outcome of all the debating and some quality ideas??.....

8. Flipfoot

Flipfoot 三日坊主

Lex - Havny had a chance to speak to you face to face since this thread has been put up. But IIRC, didnt you mention something along the lines of Go-Kart Track?

If Pod were to build a Go-Kart track on the wasteland behind the lorrys, surly it would be a money spinner?

When there's an event on (Drag/Fast Show etc) hey, now you can have a go on Pods purpose built Go-kart track. Drift days, you keep everything "as is", have a new larger area for intermediates (The edc layout or "Big Track") and would also have a Track for the advanced drifters to use.

Granted the initial costs of building said track would prob be high, but wouldnt it pay for itself in the long run?

Short of building a race track too, Pod would be a one stop shop for motor racing, catering for all types of racing, Drag, Drift, Kart, Rally etc.

Meh, I dont know, Im not a "money man", if I was, I would have bought some land, tarmaced it and rented it out for skid days.

If Pod did build a Go-Kart track but with Drift use in mind, would it not be the 1st venue in the UK to have a purpose built drift arena there by drawing in more people? UKs answer to ebisu etc?

Just my 2p.

PS: As Lex has mentioned, us marshalls do it for the love of the sport. We dont get paid, and have to put up with abuse from Lex (It really isnt suprise sex mate lol - jokes) which is why we rely on the drivers sometimes to not be twats and to help out. Generally if some one knocks cones out of place they will put it back, for the ones that dont, thats were us marshalls come in. And you will normally find me down the bottom end taking photos and putting cones back/picking up drift damaged bumpers etc, see, we DO go down the bottom end and dont just stand at the starting line talking bollox all day:wack:

9. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

LOL, everyone thinks that POD has got money coming out of it's ears.

Look around. If they did, half the buildings wouldn't be as dilapidated.

They won't be tarmaccing the back field and making a go-kart track, not until good money comes in. Which it never will, as you can't make money out of cars.

10. Flipfoot

Flipfoot 三日坊主

Yea course we do Sam :rolleyes: and money grows on trees too you know:wack::p

Who said Pod had to cough up the money?

What if a large well known company came forward and paid for the track and just took a profit from the takings each year?

What if, and fuck me its a HUGE if, but just think what could happen if all of us "drifters" pooled our money together, like a big whip round and by some strange mystical shennanigans happen to all agree and get along, put said pooled money into offering to build the track on Pod's land to better the drift scene.

But that will never happen as all anyone ever does on here is bitch and whine about shit and never does anything about it, and those that do, get shot down by a load of keyboard warriors. For. Shame.

11. carlrst

carlrst Member

just fill in the shitty holes at the top of the track, thats all it needs realy

12. DtheBUK

DtheBUK Active Member

didn''t the dywb website used to say something along the lines of - somewhere to drift without the fear of curbs and cops?

Ive only ever diffed the play pens there once so i guess my my imput means naff all.

some of the ideas sound fun, would be nice to see someting go down

13. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

Ahahaha. Firstly, you'd need a shiteload of planning permission to build a new racetrack. Environment papers/H&S/noise etc etc, even though it's already on a raceway.

Secondly, are you serious? Drifters can't afford to buy themselves beans on toast for dinner, let alone donate towards a track.

14. MrNick

MrNick I love Ibiza!

something that is in the pipeline for pod is some better markers /cones and fancy barriers but ALAS these will require some respect and no demolishing them will be encouraged...what will be encouraged is that you use your skill and experience to not hit these or scrape them as they will cost ££ and are to be used regulary not once then binned ....so you can look forward to a clean defined track..ALL DAY..

15. Ollie

Ollie LOOSE!

Sorted.

16. Clive

Clive Active Member

this plus a smoother track would be all pod needs, to improve it. but i still attend as its a guaranteed drift day :nod:

all this wall rub stuff- seriously... out of 30 cars that was there the other week... must of been what- 3 that was trailered...

and if you got the balls- there is always the concrete blocks....

#556 Clive, Mar 3, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  17. MrNick

MrNick I love Ibiza!

18. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

19. Suprash

Suprash spl dori mater

That sounds good Nick, but please do something about the surface, I got about 2" clearance under my Supra currently, there's no way I can bring that to Pod without having to rais it and drop it after each day. Otherwise I'd be there a lot more, because its a good day. You gotta be able to sell it to them that drift cars are generally the lowest things around and its not just exhausts that take the brunt of it, turbo's, manifolds, i've even heard stories of lower arms being bent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.