Scottish Independence

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by heard531, Sep 10, 2014.

?

Yes or No?

Poll closed Sep 17, 2014.
  1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Couldn't care less

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  4. Put an Sr20 in it!

17 vote(s)
    28.3%
  1. heard531

heard531 Hamilton Property

Yes or No?

Would be interesting to see the englishmans and scotsmans veiw.

2. Gogzy

Gogzy Active Member

heres a scotsmans view

i wish it would all just fuck off, sick of seeing anything to do with it, facebook is the worst for it

3. mint

mint touch my fruit

It really is a no brainer to me.

Yes.

Maybe boring to some of you but its reality and it'll go on regardless if you listen or ignore it and keep watching the football and drinking them beers. Cause thats far more important to some people :p

4. BHPSeeker

BHPSeeker Member

As an Englishman, there's no such thing as GREAT BRITAIN any more, and I'm not going to pretend to understand all the politics behind it but if they want to go why not let them go?!

But yes I am also fed up of hearing about it!

5. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

Scotsman

For me is a no, not only do i not trust Salmon face, but there are faaar to many variables to actually make an informed decision.
    Better the devil you know.

6. mint

mint touch my fruit

You arnt voting for Salmon though are you.. You also arnt voting for his party..

Look how many countries have gained their indepedance in history..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_that_have_gained_independence_from_the_United_Kingdom

Look how many of those countries have ANY natural resources..

Seriously.. its a no brainer here guys LMAO! If your voting no, and your scottish, its because your either afraid, uninformed or not interested.

http://www.businessforscotland.co.u...cotland-will-be-a-wealthy-independent-nation/

#6 mint, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  7. darrengodfrey

darrengodfrey Member

Scotsmam

Big Fat Yes

8. danfst

danfst Member

Grew up in Edinburgh till I was 16. Definite no.

How can anyone vote yes for something they don't understand/ hasn't been fully worked out yet? Sadly I think people are stupid enough for it to happen.

9. rd-jon

rd-jon Member

Scotsman who lives right on the border (on the northern / proper side).

NO from me.

I don't think anything will change, as no matter who you vote for you will get a "politician" in power. One who doesn't give a shit what you want as long as they get to line their pockets. It doesn't matter whether they are in Westminster or Edinburgh.

Plus, living on the border will become a nightmare. My workshop is 5 minutes away just now, but if there is border control set up (and I can't see how there won't be) it will take ages.

If there was someone who was capable of carrying out such a huge task as taking a nation to independence I would vote YES, as I do believe Scotland could be stronger and better on its own. But there isn't anyone capable of doing it, so it simply isn't worth the risk.

10. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

IMHO if you vote yes, you have watched that documenatary "braveheart" too many times.

11. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

actually couldnt care either way. Seems a ridiculous load of hassle to actually do it when the money and time could be spent actually sorting out real problems. Problems that are killing people. But as usual we give priority to making up, and spending millions, on a problem that really isnt that important.

12. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

If it puts an end to the utter bullshit that self-obsessed twat Salmond spouts then it's alrite really.

13. danfst

danfst Member

Uninformed? I think everyone is uninformed at the moment, mainly because no one has any clue of the logistics of any transition.

Seeing as it's a clear no brainer you seem like the perfect guy to ask! What currency will you be using? Don't quote papers say your honest beliefs seeing as it's such a no brainer!

This was my degree so I love this stuff, Some of that Idiot Salmonds quotes are fantastic!

14. robdriftit

robdriftit Member

English, and a no for me.
    I just cant see there being any benfits for anyone
    I fail to see how Salmonds going to keep most of his agenda, and what happens if that oil dries up in 6 months?

#14 robdriftit, Sep 10, 2014
  15. heard531

heard531 Hamilton Property

Just for bantz!

16. Gogzy

Gogzy Active Member

so explain why £42bn is being spent on some glorified train set? £8bn of which is coming from scotland where the train will never ever go?

17. mint

mint touch my fruit

We would use the £. What on earth makes you think for a second we would change our currency? Are you aware that any country in the world can adopt any currency that they wish. It would idiotic to believe we would have to change our currency due to this.

I dont read the papers so i dont know what your talking about.. however if you have been 'educated' on this, shouldnt you know?

Everyone is quick to slate Salmond.. but how come none of you mention the already in place corrupt governments of the west.. everything Obama said.. has been a lie. Look how many illegal wars we have been dragged into for the sake of Security and 'Freedom'.. Its utter horse shit. Cameron, Miliband all these political puppets.. You cant trust ANY of them.. but the point I see is, currently Scottish people have ZERO influence on what goes on..

At least with our own government, we can start applying pressure more locally and get that fish dude out of the office and get someone in with some common sense. THEN we might see some dam good changes ;)

#17 mint, Sep 10, 2014
  18. RC3010

RC3010 Member

Scotsman and a yes

Because freedom ?!

Let's go with that ...

19. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Seems to me a rush job, loads of guessing, literally no real plan. Something that might be a good thing for them, IF they had a realistic plan set in stone, which is seems they deffo don't. Not even close. It's all maybe and probably and could. Fuck trusting that.

"Fuck it, yeah, independence, woo" and then "err, hang on, how do we actually do this?"

In terms people on here might get, it seems to me a bit like these nobbers who out of nowhere try and organise a drift day at some big location never done before, totally forgetting they don't actually know how. Though the stakes are higher than that.

Putin will probably invade and take over within a few months anyhow lol.

20. Cades

Cades Member

I was heavily debating the pros and cons of this.
    I think the only viable option is to put an SR in.