Scottish Independence

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by heard531, Sep 10, 2014.

?

Yes or No?

Poll closed Sep 17, 2014.
  1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Couldn't care less

7 vote(s)
    11.7%
  4. Put an Sr20 in it!

17 vote(s)
    28.3%
  1. zornyan

zornyan Member

Meh I care little for Scots, salmond is a fished faced fucktard that's bitten off more than he can chew imo, I really think it will make the square root of fuck all difference to us, everybody I know wouldn't be affected or give a toss, but personally I think the Scots are shooting themselves in the foot and will end up eating their own words within 2 years

2. covjdm

covjdm Member

But what makes me laugh is that scotland want to be on their own but dont want any of the debt, for example the bank of scotland, its well in debt but scotland dont want to take the debt on? what a joke! its like scotish uni students are paid for by the british goverment, and scotland wants to use the pound (£) still, why? because they know that scotland would have no financial structure with out it.

if iam honest its the biggist load of fucking bullshit ever! if scotland want their independence then have it, but i wouldnt give the chance of them rejoing as one again they can stand on their own two feet from now on and take all their debt with them.

Scottish owned companys have already started to drop in value and over seas share holders have been selling their shares off as they know the country cant stand by itself.

I would stop all scottish funding dead, charging for any transactions made with England and Wales and Northern ireland. would also split the amry aswell, its alright that scottish people shout about their independace but dont want to be 'fully' on their own, its a joke, you are either fully independant or not, cant have both.

3. danfst

danfst Member

Of course you can use the pound regardless of what we say, only an uninformed idiot would think otherwise. However we have said there will be no currency union. Obviously you know the bad implications of this as it's a no brainer decision, so I won't go into it. However an informal currency union as Alex Salmond has suggested, could be disastrous for Scotland especially. Finance is your second biggest industry. If the recession had've hit an independent Scotland, the BOE is under no obligation to assist if it's not in the UK's best interest. I can imagine Westminster being especially harsh on a country that decided to fuck off because some biggot Scot wanted a legacy.

The first role of government is to protect it's citizens. Obviously as it's a no brainer you've read the report on how an Independent Scotland would achieve this? And the fact not a single proposal sands without contradicting another part of the report? And by not a single part, I mean genuinely not one.

I don't mean to pick on you, even I have only been "educated". The point i'm making is whilst Scotland could potentially prosper and be better off in the long term. It could destroy the country, and be definitely worse off in the short term. Where as alot of Scots think it's an obvious decision and aren't aware of the potential risk. (apologies if you are clued up on it, just none of it came across in your post)

4. kieran_e1

kieran_e1 In need of practice

mint while i admire your passion I mock your lack of knowledge.

Voting no and being Scottish comes down to one main thing. realism. You can call me feart or ill informed all you like but the reality is you obviously know very little about the subject and have accepted the spin and propaganda of the yes campaign.

a yes vote is an 18 month remit for salmond and the snp to pass any law they like. read their manifesto. they aspire to turn us into a 21st century version of cuba with a higher % spend of gdp than any other country on social spending under the veil of a fairer society.

All the while this move will resign the north of england , wales and NI into an abyss of further cuts and austerity which will put far more people into deeper poverty than there are in Scotland in total.

the numbers just don't add up no matter what way you spin it. drop the rhetoric and you are left with a minefield of empty promises and uncosted policies which will if enacted result in a significant cost to the ordinary people of scotland and by ordinary I mean people earning 20k plus not higher rate tax payers or multi millionaires

5. Struggle

Struggle Active Member

Its a shame England didn't get to vote too

6. Hazzles

Hazzles Member

This pretty much sums it(/politics as a whole) up.

Care to explain why?

P.s. LMAO

7. Struggle

Struggle Active Member

i've changed my mind on my vote.

Should Scotland gain independance? No.

Should we punish Scotland for being reet ungreatful cunts with silly voices by taking all they belong and casting them away to become slaves in another 1st world country like Russia?............ ohhhhh hell to the muthafukin YES!!!!!

8. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

eh? did you misread my post?

Didnt mention anything to do with your point, if anything backed it up, I said goverment should be focusing on problems that are killing people i.e the NHS, ISIS and immigration policies. Things that cause loss of life. As surely thats more important than arguing about wether or not scotland should be independent

As for your point about train sets, i dont know, i dont work in the goverment. Though in argument im sure there is plenty of "english" tax money spent on things in Scotland. How is the free universities funded? (i genuinly dont know but guessing probably tax money?)

9. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

Tax money, but it's tax money the Scottish Government is allowed to spend as they wish.

Interesting point actually, if they become independent and do join the EU they they by law have to offer us those free places as well.
    They currently charge English students, but as a separate country they will be not able to do that anymore.

10. danfst

danfst Member

Correct, unfair to discriminate under EU law. whether they will be allowed into the EU is another thing.

11. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

Basically, All the scots point down south and blame the south for everything, there thieves, cunts what ever you want. All that will happen is that the people of scotland with just be pointing a lot closer to home. The grass is always greener, and it hardly ever is.

Politicians are just pocket liners for the friends and families patting each other on the back.

Then one group with bring it back to religion, or celtic/rangers, or gays and straits and then it wont be long before it gets messy - if i remember only a few years ago murder for the colour of your shirt was rife in Glasgow. When it comes down to rule and corruption any crack in society will flare.

As for myself im from wales, would wales follow suit probably not mainly because of natural resources. Which is basically the only trump card scotland has, from what i understand the Yes dudes make it sound like your going to all be rich and have a free ride and education heathcare will be awesome and free. when in reality you don't really have a population mass to tax, the heath of the people of scotland is historically not so great. Scotland as far as i am aware already gets more money per head then anywhere else? (sorry if that is incorrect)

Then at the end of the day, who is going to make all the money from the Oil. You? your bosses no? just the government, the people in it and there friends and relatives, who will already be on boards and hold shares of any company's likely to benefit. Also handy how this is going to happen just before the next election. so any posts that will be made will be nicely filled once again, who do you think by?

So your just going to break up the UK on a whim there's no real reason to stay there is no real reason to go. I bet if you look at all the countries that have become independent, probably more of them have been a mess then a success.

But if your going to go then have the balls to do it on your own. No currency union, nothing.

I like Scotland and scottish people. its politics on a whole that i don't like.

12. akinadan79

akinadan79 Active Member

On top of a big fuck off Welsh mountain...
    If you don't completely understand what's going on with regards to Scottish independence then just hang fire until Mel Gibson and the rest of Hollywood make the movie, apparently they're really good at getting the historical accuracies across.....

13. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

Why do Scottish people think keeping the pound without a currency union is even remotely a good idea.

It's fucking moronic that Salmond even mentioned the idea, it's near enough economic suicide.

14. RyanH

RyanH Lacks skills

I think any serving scottish soldiers would be classified as commonwealth soldiers and could be moved to another base in the UK if we really wanted to give up our bases in scotland. Was working with a few royal marines in January and think that's what they said.

15. rd-jon

rd-jon Member

Most of the army seems to want to stay in the British army, and not split off.

16. el_bandido

el_bandido Member

Doesn't the Army belong to the crown, rather than the government?

17. Michael E36

Michael E36 Member

Scottish. No.

Pretty sure we're not gettin the pound and I also heard we have to reapply to be in Europe and could quite possibly struggle to qualify so we wouldn't get the euro. Also, all this great amount of money coming from oil? Did Scotland build them rigs, are we solely drilling ourselves ? I think we got help from elsewhere and there gonna want there money back so that oil money will quickly be spent on paying off debt.

Also, I hear salmond is stepping down regardless. He's doing all this to go independent for his name in the history books then leaving us to it because he doesn't know how to run a country, he's useless. So that leads to the next question, who will lead us? Politicians are all liars and it's not down to what party I want to win as I don't believe a word they say.I personally think we're gonna end up worse off and very poor paying more taxes to generate some wealth in our country.

For me it comes down to one saying.. United we stand, divided we fall.

18. rd-jon

rd-jon Member

No, other way around. The Navy and Air Force swear loyalty to the Queen (or King as applicable). The Army belongs to the Government. Has been like that since the Civil War.

19. akinadan79

akinadan79 Active Member

On top of a big fuck off Welsh mountain...
    Does that mean that I should have sworn my Oath of Allegiance to that pasty faced fucker John Major instead then?

Is it not the case that the Army, Air Force and Booties' have to swear their Oath of Allegiance to HM whereas the Navy (being older than Noah) don't.

"On enlistment, the Army and Air Force Acts require members of the Army, Royal Air Force and Royal Marines to take an oath of allegiance to the Monarchy as Head of the Armed Forces.

Members of the Royal Navy have never been required to swear an oath – the service was formed hundreds of years ago and its existence stems from the Sovereign’s prerogative."

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...d5rJ3VblqTyOWrvPA&sig2=Yvv5OUqIVoyklAlS9ybLow

20. rd-jon

rd-jon Member

You learn something new every day :thumbs: