Sierra Cosworth Rally video, sideways nearly all the time.

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by sapphire, Dec 20, 2010.

1. sapphire

sapphire Member

Ford Videos, Drift, Rally, Touring Car.

Decided to add more ford vids to this thread. There all aswesome if you ask me. Feel free to post aswell as long as the Video has a ford in it and is full of win.

Some sierra cosworth rally footage, im shor these guys would have been drifters today.

#1 sapphire, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2017
  2. CrabsterDrift

CrabsterDrift Callum Craddy

if only rallying was still the same...

3. sapphire

sapphire Member

Along with most of the other motorsport.

4. astraboy

astraboy Yer, fookin' Volvoooo!

The man you are watching in that video is Mr. christian rigollet, a french rally driver who is a living legend in Cosworth rallying circles.

Its as if he woke up one morning and thought, "There is a distinct lack of Badass in the world these days, so I will dedicate my life to wringing the nuts off bonkers 3-door cossies"

I am a particular fan of the way his driving style is both smooth AND aggressive. The back end is swinging every direction imaginable, yet if you look at the front wheels, they are always perfectly positioned for where he wants to place the car.

Add to that the way he ALWAYS and I mean WITHOUT EXCEPTION exits a turn leaving a 40 foot number 11 coming off the back wheels, means he's easily one of my favourite drivers.
    astraboy.

5. sapphire

sapphire Member

Dont know if this vid has him in it but its deffinatly not him driving all the cars. Ive seen some of his vids, particullary in a pcl? sponsered cosworth and i wasnt that impressed, not very smooth at all.

6. Bronzer

Bronzer Member

gayest music iv heard in a long time

7. sapphire

sapphire Member

Dont care about the music, just the action.

8. sapphire

sapphire Member

Ive watched a bit more of his videos, he must have been testing or something in the one i saw him in were he wasnt very smooth as he had no helmet on. Deffinatly not him in the vid i posted though. Dont think they had antilag in the 80's.

9. b19man

b19man Member

that happens most weekends in wales got some of the best rally prep peeps in the world down this way bob dowen -- peter llyod and there always testing

10. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Best cars everrrrr for me.

He often was sent out at 0 car before the rest, not competing, just fucking about to entertain the crowds.

11. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

That one is better, doesn't have fucking Evanescence over one of my favourite cars of all time.

Legends.

#11 kam, Dec 21, 2010
  12. dicko

dicko Member

jump ahead a bit, and i love the mad anti lag sounds

#12 dicko, Dec 21, 2010
  13. dicko

dicko Member

especially at 2,02

14. counteract

counteract -o=me

Kam, that video is awesome! Especially the bit at about 0:35 when his manji scares the spectators out of the way, haha

15. AJW1977

AJW1977 DW SUCKS

so whats the deal with cossies now a days, can you still get all the parts for them, heard some talk 3-4 years back alot of parts are obsolete/not made any more

16. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

THe vid Kam posted is ace, they fucking lunatics, and the Fina car does some mental flames :worthy:

AJW= Its a 25yr old car so you dont go to ford for parts, and some parts are harder to get, but its no huge problem.

17. japdrifter_s13

japdrifter_s13 running out of skill

i tell ya what, fair bloody play... looking at some parts of those videos, the corners looked impossible for a modern day 4wd wrc but those boys looked even quicker in a rear wheel drive cossie! i take my hat off to them!

18. 5hane

5hane Member

still get TONNES of parts, cosworth have also developed a 2.5L alloy block thats got propper thick bores and is physically taller than the original iron block, Also still buy brand new heads and aftermarket steel internal's, definatly still being developed, shell's arnt major hard to source, interiors also arnt that hard to get hold of, standard bumpers / whale tails arnt either. Rs500 parts on the other hand, expect to pay £1200-£1500+ for a front bumper alone, £400+ for splitter etc etc. there all major money parts, but standard 3 door stuff isnt major major expencive. But engines and stuff are definatly going up in price quick, and sapph's are also earning good money now

heres a crap pic of my dad's two 3 doors :

[​IMG]

one on the left is road car running t34 turbo and approx 350bhp- needs a little bit of tidying to be mint, one on the right is fully stripped, de-sunroof'd, full cage running 330bhp t3 turbo

cool vids :D:D

19. Dan Goodyer

Dan Goodyer JasonRobertson

Awesome stuff.

Judging by the understeer and consistency of the 11s I'm assuming he was running a Spool (welder) ?

20. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

Possibly.

I know the Group-A guys did for a certain amount of time.