Skids 4 door R32 from Tokyo with Love

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by chidley, Sep 14, 2013.

1. chidley

chidley i like fingers

Haha, jdog did the filling numbnuts, and least it'll look presentable when it's finished :)

Just fitted the front seat, pain in the arse! Gonna buy a stock passenger seat for it, seeing as it still has the rails there and I can get one cheap enough :)

2. Nas

Nas Member

Can't wait to see how this turns out :)

3. djinuk

djinuk Member

IMG_3344_zps7236b20b.jpg Photo by chidley | Photobucket

Don't try to convince me that jdog applied that filler!!! Nooo way

- - - Updated - - -

http://s3.photobucket.com/user/chidley/media/chidley002/IMG_3344_zps7236b20b.jpg.html

Don't try to convince me that jdog applied that filler!!! Nooo way

4. chidley

chidley i like fingers

Not that specific bit, needed building up with layers obviously ya div, jdogs put the final (or close to final) layers on though

5. chidley

chidley i like fingers

quick update, bolted a drivers seat in, someone had already cut the rails out and drilled holes in the floor (which was convenient, albeit spoiling a rare car) so i used them and bolted mine directly to the floor with some big ass washers underneath..

so now the interior looks like this..

[​IMG]

i also purchased a passenger side seat to match the rear bench (the doorcards have all been flocked - aint a fan of flock personally)

[​IMG]

and i got the other 2 equip centres and barrels and bolts i recently bought delivered today :) so now i own 4x equips with 2 shafted lips :)

[​IMG]

6. streetracerrx7

love 4 doors nice car :D

7. chidley

chidley i like fingers

few quick questions for the RB20 heads on here..

I was supplied an eBay stage 2 chip with the car, which ive looked at and there eBay advert basically says the usual crap, FMIC, exhaust, Walbro etc etc.. but mentions nothing about ignition timing, other than the chip has a very aggressive one. Does the CAS need moving or not? as you may be able to see, my CAS is all the way over to the right (clockwise) so advanced i believe? although i took it a quick spin literally about 20 yards up the road in first gear, no hesitation or signs of engine issues.

or would it be better to get a MINES ECU which as far as i can read needs the ignition advancing slightly anyway?

help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

8. GeNiSiS

GeNiSiS Member

more progress, more progress!! <3

9. chidley

chidley i like fingers

sorry, been away at driftland pretty much all weekend and total hectic nightmare spec life right now lol..

quick updates, dunno where i got with it last time, had to make a decat pipe cus the dickhead i got the car off didnt include or mention that part was missing -_- along with other parts he still hasnt turned up with, for anyones information his username on here is Brad88.. bellend.

also was missing seatbelt retainers. and had some funky japanese seatbelts which was gonna be a nightmare to find retainers for, so i put s13 belts in the front for now, just cant use the interior trim around them.. fitted the other bits of interior trim that were supplied but not fitted for fuck knows why

fitted a twin electric fan to the front of the radiator, yet to wire it in but will have one on constant and the other on a switch cus there pretty darn powerful, all relayed and shit ofcourse..also gonna remove the viscous as theres no shroud so pretty pointless, and it gives me room to cut a vent into the bonnet for the air to escape from the bay.. hopefully keeping engine as cool as possible

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

adjusteds suspension so it sat level and at a comfortable useable height :)

good news is its insured, and its at the MOT station, and its being painted on saturday :)

[​IMG]

10. ali303

ali303 Member

I hope those skirts turn up man, otherwise no A Bo Moon internet heroics!

11. chidley

chidley i like fingers

they aint gonna, told him straight what i think of him and left it at that. guy can go suck an egg now.. no fucks given, and no A Bo Moon internet heroics.. whatever that is lol xD

12. chidley

chidley i like fingers

sorry guys, insane busy weekend..

right, where to start? well, finished work friday night and immediately made a start on some bits and bobs pre-paint.. and the night went a bit like this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

then a few mates turned up for a gander..

[​IMG]

and i ended up bolting the side plates on cus the bonnet is a GTR one made of aluminium, which i didnt realise til i blew a hole in it lol..

13. chidley

chidley i like fingers

so Saturday came, went to see Mitch at DriftGarage cus the CAS was so advanced..

[​IMG]

he tested it with his timing light and it turns out to be at 27 degrees, which is about 10 over standard :S bit worrying to be honest but it appears to run ok.. for the time being :S :S very worried!

then Sam Holt turned up so me and mitch took the piss out of him for a bit, just cus ;) and it was off to the bodyshop.. where the magic begun! bit more filler and a final flat before primer..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

primed..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

30 mins later and after another flat etc etc, paint was going on!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

then it was lacquer..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

rolled it out to dry saturday night..

[​IMG]

14. chidley

chidley i like fingers

then Sunday morning came.. had to fit some silly stretch for the mate painting it...

[​IMG]

then off we went to get the car...and wow was i impressed when i picked it up..

[​IMG]

:D :D :D :D :D

15. chidley

chidley i like fingers

went to a show thing last night in it, some of you may have spotted it :)

[​IMG]

then work in it this morning and everyone was mighty impressed.. then home time to arrive to some side skirts and a new steering wheel :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

put some stickers on her cus im a whore

[​IMG]

then the skirts were cut and fitted

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. stichy

stichy Member

Thats a very nice colour. Great built

17. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

Looking swish son.

18. chidley

chidley i like fingers

oh yeah, the wheel isnt Nardi, its... erm.. something royal? i dunno, cool though lol

19. Nas

Nas Member

Colour came out awesome man !

20. Darek

Darek Member

Nice color !