Skids 4 door R32 from Tokyo with Love

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by chidley, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Ness

Ness Member

They seem to be quite pricey and hard to get hold of these days! Liking the car, Got an r32 4door recently :)

2. chidley

chidley i like fingers

are they? i got it well cheap to be honest, bargain of my life! :D

and sweeeet! pics or GTFO! :D

3. ali303

ali303 Member

Looking good dude! I'm still dead set on sticking with my 13 but if a 32 4 door shell popped up I'd transfer all the running gear over in a heart beat...jealous much!

4. chidley

chidley i like fingers

haha, was wicked to meet you properly, and have a little chinwag, even if i was in a desperate rush to get my car working well enough to drive home lol :D

if you'd of come over earlier i'd have taken you a few laps out in it, you'd have had a right hoot!

5. Smilybrad

Smilybrad Active Member

Hey fella, totally didn't realise this car was yours! I was in the panda 2 door AE:
    [​IMG]
    Would have come for a chat if I would have known DOH!
    Was awesome twinning with you... even if I sucked soo bad in a stock powered AE! was still fun and the car will be alot better once I sort the suspension and put the new engine in :p
    Look forward to next time drifting with ya!
    Brad =)

6. gaz_moose

gaz_moose .MTM.

pains me to say it but that car seemed to go pretty well with you at the helm. I still cant figure out how you hit one of the tyre bundles though.

7. chidley

chidley i like fingers

Thanks brad :D yeah I didn't know til your girlfriend followed me on Instagram lol :) looking forward to next time! :D

And thanks moose :) yeah it drifted really nicely, and hit it by erm.. Well, ran outta talent haha

8. chidley

chidley i like fingers

updates.

firstly, went to a Skid Risk day to spectate and managed to blag myself a lap on the track.. so this happened..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

then i sold the Rota's to uncle Chunk and bought these..

[​IMG]

got tyres fitted and put them on the car, although no pics cus im busy..also lowered it a bit more

fitted the shotgun now with a silencer in.. again no pics cus im busy

Had a chat with Chunk about possible power outputs on an Rb20Det.. as there pretty much unknown in the UK as far as tuning goes.. he's suggested 444cc injectors, z32 MAF, T3 turbo and Nistune. so i went and bought some brand new 444's from japan out the RB26DETT, and a Garrett T3 from a cosworth.. just need a Z32, top mount manifold, 1.5bar wastegate, new elbow.. and nistune :)

injectors:
    [​IMG]

went to DWYB

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

had some good sessions with Dan Joyce, Stuart scoobystu Egdall from Redmist, the grey r32 4 door from Jungle Power, as well as loads of other cars.. videos to follow.

then decided to buy a BN sports rear bumper off eBay :)

[​IMG]

oh and bought a spare RB20DET complete engine and box, with rb25 turbo for a decent price.. figured i'd build this engine up to the spec im after then drop it in when im ready for Nistune..

its all go for next year :) aiming for 350-400hp on those parts, with a very healthy engine :)

9. peterpan101

peterpan101 Member

Should of just swap in a rb25. its a better approach than a rb20.

OR sr20 the bish.

10. chidley

chidley i like fingers

video :)

dan Joyce and Matthew chidley drift santa pod - YouTube

and i was tempted to do the RB25. until literally everyone i spoke to said they were terrible for piston ring failure, and at the price of the engine, i dont want those sort of troubles.

and i hate the sound of sr20's.

and i can get the horsepower im wanting for sub £1500 out of the rb20 (not including cost of a spare engine ofcourse)

11. chidley

chidley i like fingers

rims fitted.

[​IMG]

not sure i like them so im gonna have a look for some better suited wheels. also very very tempted to get some bn sports sideskirts after seeing some this weekend.. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

12. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Pretty much an unknown? Plenty that have gone over 400bhp on stock internals in the UK, I'd not say unknown.

And no way will a Cossie T3 do 350bhp, never mind 400.

And fuck pushing 1.5bar on one unless you hitting way above 400.

13. gaz_moose

gaz_moose .MTM.

yeah, you must be the first person to want to tune an rb20.

;)

14. nissanr34cal

nissanr34cal Well-Known Member

just pulled a cosworth turbo off an rb20 and put it in the bin because it was wank, put a steel internaled stock turbo on it so much better

15. chidley

chidley i like fingers

Oh wow really? I'm only going off the info that chunks told me, I'll see what Greg recommends and go with that then.. And I never said I was the first, but there's hardly any real definate do and fonts (from what I've researched) in the UK. Stav even said in his build thread that guys don't tend to bother with them over here

16. chidley

chidley i like fingers

In fact Stav, what turbo would you recommend to accommodate the other parts for around those power figures? You seem to really know your blowers :)

17. Ness

Ness Member

Think the turbo on my rb20 is on it's way out due to the amount of smoke! I don't know that much about turbos but I heard decent things about Conceptua Tuning stage 1, Think it's just similar to a r32 turbo with steel internals, good for apparently 350bhp with a few other modifications. My issue was I wanted to spend as little as possible so I didn't want to buy a setup that required aftermarket wastegates and the manifold to be modified and such :p

18. WSA

WSA Member

my old car :) nicework!

19. chidley

chidley i like fingers

Had a lengthy convorsation with Greg yesterday afternoon :)

He's suggested using the rb25 turbo but replacing the internals with steel ones instead of ceramic, and seeing as I already own a rb25 turbo, it makes sense to do it this way round :) so that's the plan now

Also got my new rota's and my rear bumper and some skid wheels :) pics when I can be arsed :p

20. Repulse

Repulse New Member

My R32 4door uses the rb25 turbo as well. Was just going to suggest that, but you beat me to it ;)

Quick question though, do you have a problem with overheating? If I dont run mine with my hood off and heater on during the summer, I run into some issues...

#80 Repulse, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013