Skyline rear brakes on s14 advice please

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by jimmym123, May 11, 2014.

1. jimmym123

jimmym123 Member

Hi all, eventually got round to getting the skyline rear set up / hydro plumbed in tonight. Everything on the hydro side went smoothly but when I came to the 'clicker' hand brake the cables underneath are scarily loose? I've tightened the adjuster on the hand brake as far as it'll go but that's made little / no difference.

I've routed the cables the same as the standard s14 lines. I have a skyline clicker handbrake. The bolt holes don't line up to the original bolt holes but they are too short to reach the bolt holes. When I offered them up initially, the cable connection to the clicker didn't line up (they crossed over each other by about 2 inches)

Any ideas / pics would be great thanks :)

2. SteveC200

SteveC200 Used to drift, now I don't.

What parts have you used? If I remember correctly you use S14 lever and front cable and R33 rear cables. I don't know what the difference is but if you've used R33 parts all the way that could be your problem.

3. random tim

random tim Member

As Mr. Carter says, you need to run the s14 lever and front cable, with the r33 rear cables

4. jimmym123

jimmym123 Member

I was informed that I need the 33 lever. Thanks for your advice, much appreciated

5. jimmym123

jimmym123 Member

Just fitted the s14 handbrake and it's too short for the r33 rear cables. Not sure where to go from here! :(