Template Errors: thread_view

1. strpos(): Empty needle in /domains/forum.driftworks.com/http/forum/library/Lgpl/utf8.php, line 444:
    443: 	</div>
    444: </div>';
    445: $__compilerVar11 .= $__compilerVar14;

slide motorsport 1JZ powered 350z

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by MATT200SX, Dec 12, 2010.

1. MATT200SX

MATT200SX --------------------

yep, all the cool kids keep aying jz tho. need to properly sit down and price bits up

cheers, im chuffed with it

2. NIcad7

NIcad7 DRIFT*DIVISION

Finally bought one of these cages, got the last one! :D

Ill probably be hitting you up with questions when it comes to me fitting it in the summer if thats ok? ;)

3. dblock

dblock Member

Awesome project, if your still wanting to go down the ls1/2 route check my350z as they have more info plus traders sell full conversion kits.

4. MATT200SX

no probs mate, hopefully i'll have it done oneday so you can have a look etc

cheers, it'l be awesome oneday, right now its just sat there feeling sorry for itself.

im 99% certain im selling my other daily 350z so i can finish this one. no one needs two 350's :wack:

5. dblock

dblock Member

If it will make the other 350 more awesome go for it.

6. MATT200SX

been mega busy in the garage with customer work so not touched mine, now the drifting season is nearly here its got me motivated again, well jelous really that everyone else is out having fun and ive got half a useless car.

so... im robbing a few bits of the daily 350z and selling it so i can plough some money into the drift car, no one needs 2 350's, its just plain greedy.

had the wrong engine delivered for a yaris today so it left a hole in the diary, in comes the 350z :D

the cage is virtually done now and the weld are primed as they were getting surface rust on them, just need to clean up a couple of the welds.

still got absolutly loads to do but im going o try and dedicate more time to it so i can get it done.

anyway heres a quick pic...

[​IMG]

also the engine choice has returned to a jz, yes i no i change my mind alot but it seems the obvious answer, just need to source one

7. MATT200SX

so, abit of an update...

primed the inside of the car
    [​IMG]

did a quick test fit of the dash, this needs trimming up to make perfect yet
    [​IMG]

lost interest/motivation of working on the car as i had to uncover it and roll it inside everytime i wanted to work on it...time for drastic measures
    me and a mate attacked the wall :wack:
    [​IMG]
    finishing touches :D
    [​IMG]
    now i can leave it inside and do more work on it
    [​IMG]
    at that point i was waiting to sell my other 350z to fund buying an engine and box, was just about to order the engine and spotted this on driftworks
    [​IMG]
    yep, a horrible looking chaved up soarer...but under the bonnet looked like this...
    [​IMG]

plan was to use it for a couple of weeks then strip it and start putting it in the zed. the day after getting it we stripped it :wack: was scrapped the day after. luckily i got it fairly cheap and after selling coilovers etc it doesnt stand me at alot of money.
    it's supposedly running 380bhp at 1.2bar and 465 at 1.5bar. no proof of that tho so i'll take it with a pinch of salt.

when its in and running i'll be getting it remapped and anyway.

soooo, a test fit...
    [​IMG]

thats without a sump on at all as the soarer comes with a rear sump so i had to order a front sump to fit round the subframe.

got it into the postion where it would fit
    [​IMG]

in that position its against the bulkhead pretty much and wasnt that far forward, the plan was to wait til the sump arrived, if it would fit like that then i'll leave it, if the sump needs modding then i'll put it further back like polo has.
    [​IMG]

sump arrived, and it needed modding :annoyed: but im glad really as i dont think id of been happy with it that far forward. so the new sump got cut up, as did the bulkhead...

[​IMG]

so with the bulkhead and sump cut it meant the engine would sit nice and far back
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

so then i pulled the engine back out and set on welding up the bulkhead
    [​IMG]

this is where im upto at the minute. except ive tidied up the bulkhead welding abit.

next steps are to make seat mounts and get the inside painted. and finished sorting the engine bay so that can be painted.

polo has kindly agreed to make me a set of engine mounts like his so should have them by the end of the month all being well. also he's sorting me the shifter extension so the gearstick lines up :notworthy

yes i could of made the mounts but his is tried and tested now and works so i figured id happily pay him to make them, also saves me alot of time and effort :wack:

8. CheapSlider

CheapSlider Member

WOW .... this build is going to look sweet , rocking the cage !

9. MATT200SX

cheers dude, i just want to bloody drive the thing!!fed up of not drifting

10. MATT200SX

pipe kit arrived today, got stuff everywhere waiting to be fitted. hoping to get alot done on this next week. away this weekend tho

[​IMG]

11. MATT200SX

so its update time again, stopped at the garage and done a few hours after work for the last 3 nights.
    [​IMG]
    a couple of mates came round and helped me out with the final prep, scotched it all up and i let them work there magic (i aint a paintin fan so just let them crack on)
    [​IMG]

so as you can see its pretty white :D not sure how long it'l stay nice like that. half of me still thinks i should of gone for grey but its done now

[​IMG]

dropped all the front subframe etc off aswel when it was painted and gave it a blast in the arches, wasnt going to but thought **** it

jiggled it back to its home in the corner of the garage the next day and started bolting a few bits on, pedals, servo etc
    [​IMG]

putting things like the door rubbers on is very satisfying, all looks so clean and starts to look finished after all the bloody months of it looking a mess :wack:
    [​IMG]

also bolted the drivers seat in, was worried about headroom but ive got a good inch clearance with my helmet on and the seat can drop another inch if needs be :nod:

standard handbrake is in, gave the base a lick of paint as i wont be running a center console, test fitted the gear gaitor aswel.

started test fitting the alloy rad and fmic
    [​IMG]

had to trim the crash bar abit to get it where i want it, may have to trim some more depending what other coolers i run and where i need them. also mite use the hole saw on the crash bar to get abit more flow to the cooler.

a mate made me these sections to go in the corner of the dash where the a piller trim used to be, marc on here is flocking my dash so he'll be filling the gaps and making it look factory all being well :)
    [​IMG]

aslo finished the center section of the dash, all the four section will have panels in them for switches and monitering bits etc, maybe even a stereo :wack:

[​IMG]

thats it for tonight, im knackered and need sleep so covered it up with my new 800bhp car cover, really good quality :nod:
    [​IMG]

hopefully going to carry on doing alot of these late nights now i can see the finish line, still got a shit load of parts to get which = money to spend and also a fair whack of parts to fab up.

polo will hopefully have the mounts to me and the shifter extension early next week so then i can start making the sump.

main reason i cracked back on with it was i managed to blag myself into the driftworks demo they were doing at mallory park for ppc magazine, havent even got a car but a mate offered his, would of been rude to say no :notworthy
    [​IMG]

i did ok for a car ive never driven before, but mainly it reminded me how much fun drifting is :D not even bothered about competing(although i will be asap :wack:) its just awesome to have a good day out, no pressure and meet new people.

12. MATT200SX

could anyone change the title to 'slide motorsport 1jz powered 350z'

thank you please

13. MATT200SX

exhaust from japspeed turned up today, also ordered a hydro, plumbed in extinguisher and pull cord.

14. Ricky_Mitchell

looks awsome mate. can i buy a pair of them slide motorsport stickers for the side of my 180sx?

#54 Ricky_Mitchell, May 27, 2011
    Last edited: May 27, 2011
  15. MATT200SX

cheers mate. i dont sell the stickers at the minute,available when you get work done ;)

16. magicmat

magicmat Active Member

nice write up matt :)

Car is looking really good :D

17. MATT200SX

no actual progress at the minute as ive been flat out with customer stuff but tomorrow night will see some

had a few bits turn up tho including the mounts, shifer extension so the gearstick sits in the right place, some saftey things like fire extinguisher etc
    also i'll be picking up a digi dash a custom fusebox off damo on friday

18. MATT200SX

bit of an update then...

had a few bits turn up from driftworks, mainly safety stuff like the extinguisher etc
    [​IMG]

adam s has been a legend sorting the bodywork out, he's been coming round whenever possible to sort it for me, think he painted the insides of doors, bonnet and boot and filled the dents on the roof on this night
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

next chance i got i threw the doors on, quite happy at that point as it was coming together nicely
    [​IMG]

a few interior bits i etch primed then painted myself :wack:

[​IMG]

i needed a drivers headlight and after alot of searching all i could find were expensive ones so fond these that were going cheap
    [​IMG]
    not convinced at them but they'l do for now. got to save money where i can

couple of fancy bits im happy with is the digi dash and fusebox
    [​IMG]

spent a bloody fortune on braided brake line and fittings, i hate coper lines, never look good enough so although theyre expensive im glad i went braided
    [​IMG]

this was the 1st time i had the engine mounted on its proper mounts, fairly happy with it
    [​IMG]

bolted the boot on and fitting a few trims
    [​IMG]

really starting to look like a car again now
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

for now im going to be running standard kit, not sure if im happy about this but again gotta watch the pennies
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

a picture of the flocked dash fitted :D really happy with this
    [​IMG]

finally got my gearbox back after a long wait so thought id stay late and test fit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

measured up for the prop asel so going to try and get up early tomorrow/today and get that ordered before 1st job in the morning.

jobs to do asap are...
    hydro mount then pipe up/ make all the lines
    gearbox mount
    make sump

theres loads of other little bits that have been done but may add them

19. - Fezcock -

- Fezcock - Guest

that looks rad dude :thumbs:

Cant wait to see that ripping up the tarmac :D

20. MATT200SX

i really cant wait!!waited waaaay too long!!