Separate names with a comma.
Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by 4ever_sideways, Jul 8, 2012.
Great build man, top effort will be keeping an eye on this
Put the subframe back in and bled the brakes. Also installed locking collars while I was there
For the first time in over a year, it's gone outside. Took it for a drive, everything seems to be working well. Just need to put the GTR bonnet and bumper back on and finish the exhaust.
Haven't done a lot on this as I've been way too busy with uni stuff.
Big blue didn't last very long. Large quantities of metal were found inside. Some of the gears look a quite worn. Synchos and bearings will be replaced too.
Small update. Broke yet another coil pack plug. Got some new plugs and made up a new loom myself.
Back at it again. Finally found a decat pipe. Much to the neighbours delight, the side pipe is gone and and the full stainless system has been installed
some random pics
Took it for a drive, doesn't seem to build boost very well. Will have to have a spanner check on all my hose clamps.
I want to drop it a bit more but need to sort some clearance issues first. Will be getting tomlin knuckles and have picked up a set of r33 LCA's.
Next up I need to fit my cams and cam gears, and pick up my wastegate dump pipe from surfab.
Another job nobody likes to do.......
Burnt out the subframe bushes in my non-hicas subframe today. Started by cutting through some of the rubber to help things along
Fire! (the only good part about this) I used a gas torch that I got from mitre10. Once it's got some heat in it and the steel center comes out it burns the rest quite nicely.
Wet cardboard is always hand so you don't make a mess
Now to take out the metal sleeve. It wouldn't be me if it wasn't painted black so I'll give it a few coats then install these
good work here,very tidy!!
been a bit busy lately, but have found some time to cut out the sleeves in the subframe.
Weren't quite fitting
Will leave them in overnight to shrink them a bit.
Did this a while ago, was just too lazy to update......
All painted. The bushes were a cu*t to get in even when frozen. On to making the dual caliper rear set up.
Good work mate looks absolutely spanking. Love it.
yea buddy, very nice
Tomlin knuckles arrived. I wouldn't be me if I didn't paint them
All the threads on the studs were ****ed so they were replaced
also got an Rb25det neo block for my new engine build
Needed to fit A32 cefiro tie rods to account for the amount that has been cut off the knuckle. These were a bit too long so I gave them a trim.
More lock can be gained if I trim the factory tie rod end stopper
Although not currently hitting the caster arm, I'm pretty sure when I do the other side and do a decent alignment it will
Fitted my screamer pipe too
nice build this! good work
Awesome build . One thing, the rubber heater hose might melt that close to the wastegate.
wow crazy stuff!
VERY tidy, well done so far!
Cheers guys. Yeah I'm a bit concerned with the heater hose, but the engine will be out soon (most likely going Rb25) so I think I'll remove those hoses and just run an electric front window demister.
Holy shit it's been a long time since I posted about this.
Long story short, while out on a test run in preparation for a drift day in September I blew the engine. Car sat for a while, replacement Rb20 found for little coin. Put new motor in with all the shiny bits off the old one, also went back to a standard Rb25det turbo as the other one was a tad laggy.
fast forward to the current week where I've got my a into g as the next drift day is on January the 11th. Just when I thought I had it sorted, the viscous fan shat itself and put a hole in the radiator. Thankfully it was able to be fixed.
-new oil in 2 way
-rear swaybar link bushes
-seal off boot from cabin
Catch up on the last month or so.
Went to a test day at my local track on the Tuesday before the drifting. Had blown 3rd and 5th gear in the space of 17min. Went to the local importers and bought another gearbox. Spent Tuesday night and some of Wednesday swapping boxes over.
Had a generally good day at the drifting apart form yet another fan fuck up. Called up just about everyone I knew looking for a spare radiator. Sourced one from a Rb20e skyline and had the car out on track again
after all the viscous fan dramas I went out and bought a new alloy radiator as the last one was beyond help.
Set about designing a shroud that would house 2 12" electric fans, keeping them a safe distance away from the radiator. Bought some 2.5mm thick alloy sheet.
Quick test fit revealed that the sheet flexed inwards causing the fans to be too close for my liking. Solved by gluing rubber padding to the inside of the alloy sheet.
New radiator was a bit smaller than the last one so I had to make up some new brackets
also sorted some race numbers out
looking good man! Some good work has gone into that