Sloth paced '32 build from NZ

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by 4ever_sideways, Jul 8, 2012.

1. 4ever_sideways

Long time no update,

Things got of hand when I wired up the radiator fans, by that I mean I went to the extent of taking the dash out and re-wiring a lot of sh*t that had been done poorly. It was a job I wish I hadn't done as it took far too long

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

also make some alloy ducting for the sides and underneath of the radiator (have lost the finished photo lol)

[​IMG]

Having removed the hicas I decided to bin the pump and lines to tidy things up. Scored a non hicas pump, bracket and reservoir for cheap. In the end I ditched all the hard lines and rubber hose of braided stuff

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Made up an alloy parcel shelf/ rear firewall as I have a surge tank in the boot

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Went out to the motosoc grip racing day, had fun, car was reliable. Should have got some grippier tyres though

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately this happened at the end of the front straight, driver was fine. Impact was with a tyre wall at about 150-180kph.

[​IMG]

Went out to the wake up and drift event. Found a few flaws with the steering, but other than that I had a great time. Snapped an axle in the last 30mins.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kill all the tyres! Being low on power this pile will last me quite a while

[​IMG]

oh, I bought a 25de neo and slapped some chang on it, but not for long
    [​IMG]

2. bigdave z20

bigdave z20 Member

This car is too nice to drift! :O
    Class build tho, a bit of black aerosol goes a long way to tidy a car up.
    Love the plenum on the new block ^^

3. 4ever_sideways

Went drifting again on the 19th of May. Sweet day, heaps of cool cars. Only damage was a dented rim.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The car is now undergoing it's yearly strip down of all motor/driveline and suspension components as everything is getting a bit fu*ked and needs some love.

[​IMG]

Off seasons plans include:
    Re-spray engine bay
    Black chip coat the underside again
    new rear seal in the gearbox
    MSE turbo
    1000cc injectors
    New tune
    Relocate steering rack forward along with a swap to a non hicas steering rack
    New power steering tank and lines
    New suspension bushes all round
    Convert to non hicas rear subframe
    All fluids and filters replaced

4. 4ever_sideways

Pulled the motor and box out today. Will strip out the rest of the engine bay and front suspension tomorrow and remove the cross member ready for it to be sent to C's garage for rack relocation.

[​IMG]

5. Benwalsh91

Benwalsh91 Member

This is awesome. Good work!

6. Shuttersound

Shuttersound Member

Wow. I just read through this entire thread. It's truly amazing how much work you've put into the car since the start, and it's certainly paid off. Super jelly! :p

7. 4ever_sideways

Giving the new motor a bit of a birthday before it goes in. The turbo and the plenum are at Surfab getting a few adjustments.

Started off with the cambelt. In need of a new balancer, so if anyone has one give me a bell.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Painted the block so it doesn't look like a pile of rust. Ignore the cam covers they're just keeping the sh*t out, the ones from my Rb20 will be put on

[​IMG]

Snapped an intake manifold stud so set about removing it
    [​IMG]

Stocked up on some new bolts and gaskets to put the exhaust manifold, plenum and turbo back on.

[​IMG]

8. 4ever_sideways

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Been a bit lazy with the build thread lately but the 25 is in. Decided on ID1000 injectors and an aeroflow fuel rail. Wastegate and manifold were burgled from the Rb20. Had to change the oil cooler lines as they got in the way of the new plenum. Made entirely new brake lines to give myself as much room as possible and to tidy sh*t up.

Only require a loom and some wiring adjustments along with AN-6 fuel lines and shes all go. Will be using a link G4 ecu.

9. DanMateX

DanMateX Member

rad thread

10. 4ever_sideways

Where do I begin, it's been a while.

Starting off where this thread last finished, it was time to wire up the link ecu. This went well apart from some minor wiring faults (should have paid more attention to wiring diagrams). Went to start the car only to find the chinese plenum leaked and that the mounting points for the fuel rail were not square, hence the rail leaked too. Gave up on the car for a while and eventually went to a standard plenum. This was not without issue, as the aeroflow fuel rail wouldn't fit.
    [​IMG]
    Easy fix, since I'm using a link ecu, the idle valve and associated piping is not needed. We milled out the piece of the plenum that was in the way and made new rail spacers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Start up take 2: The cambelt was too tight, the oil sandwich plate leaked. So I pulled her apart again
    [​IMG]

Went to the local track and tuned it. Runs good, plenty of power
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Picked up a full set of DBA rotors, so I put them on
    [​IMG]

Got sick of the external gate venting to atmosphere so I made a stainless plumb in
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Have stared to work on the front steering, bought GTR front guards and a pair of wheels for the front to get a bit more clearance around the swaybar.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

made some adjustable lock stops
    [​IMG]

Waiting on a new bonnet, then I'll probably re-spray it in the same colour.

#50 4ever_sideways, Dec 31, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2014