soarer 1jz gte non vvti stalling

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Jerzey Aya, May 24, 2021.

1. Jerzey Aya

Jerzey Aya New Member

Hello! Im new to the forums :) 1992 Toyota Soarer R154 5mt swapped. No tune; has Greddy FMIC, Apexi Air Intake, Type 1 HKS BOV, stock twins. I have a problem that I seem to not find a solution to online. I have noticed something weird when driving. Every time I would rev match and come to a full stop and idle; the car would stall out. Sometimes it would vibrate really hard on idle.

I think that it is a misfire? I listened to the sound of the exhaust on idle to see if it breaks up, and it does but very rare. I only heard it with the engine warm.

Car runs perfectly fine, no struggles on start up, up until the weather reaches 20°C and after casual driving 15 mins with down shifting before red lights. Then O/D turns on along with ECT + Japanese messages - this is when it starts to idle low (500rpm). The car would stall even with the clutch pressed all the way in.

The warning signs do go away if I park the car for like 10 mins. I have read that these warning signs can be ignored due to the tranny swap IF it doesn't affect the engine's performance but in my case it does.

If anyone has a solution or any advice for this it would be greatly appreciated thank you!

- coilpacks are good
    - 3000km ago, BKR6E V-Power Spark plugs 0.28

2. Liam McMorrow

Liam McMorrow New Member

Hiya mate, did you ever get an answer on this??