Separate names with a comma.
Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by jcoupe, Jan 28, 2014.
1uzfe ae86 running a w58 and a nissan terrano rear end, hope to have it out in the next few weeks!
terrano rear end? thats unique! why did you got for that?
awesome cant wait to see more pics!
@DEX... went for terrano as they are about £80 at a scrappers and are widly available also the come with a tasty 4.6 ratio and a 9"cwp. also a terranos lsd is very good usually!
@mynameised... yeah cant wait to get it out a blast i havnt a clue what it will be like to go..had to drop the engine out again as the starter wasnt engaging right with the flywheel but should be ready for buildup tomorrow again
Should be a lot of fun!
- - - Updated - - -
axle getting narrowed,,
as i said above somewhere i needed to find a replacement axle as the little ae86 wouldnt be up to the task of the v8 so i sourced a terrano/maverick axle thery come with a very reliable lsd unit stock, they have a huge 9" ring gear.
the axle was 35mm wider each side so ive decided rather than arch the car i decided to narrow the axle 25mm each side the other 10mm will come of the mounting face of my rims!,
first was the halfshafts taking off 25mm, when i pulled them out and measured i measured 25mm from end of shaft in it came to the end of the splines which was being used, then whe i measured what splines was accually being used was 18mm,,, so i just got the 25mm lathed off and this left me with still 18mm of splines the same as before, also has to lathe down a section after the splines top let the shaft slide onto the side gears in the diff unit.
next was pcd for 4x114 so get the pcd drilled and tapped 12x1.25 so i can screw in studs and weld the backs of them for extra strength! also got the drums drilled 4stud
next off was the axle, simple enough just lathe off both ends and take 25mm off them, them ill insert the hafshafts and diff unit to get the ends lined up perfect again before welding!
should be sweet
next up is make a jig for putting on the mounting brackets!
Love the colour of that cage.
Interesting project. Should be a blast when it's finished.
Look forward to see it done
thanks fellas, thats just a selemix colour i picked of some industrial chart for the cage and the exterior is tractor ferguson grey my better half picked, hope to have this out for a test session next week on track.
axle fab work complete
next axle in and onto making the flare arches
wee bit of painting going on