Southwall Smokers....... Lydden Hill Drift Day 16th Feb 2013

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by lezbrucelee, Jan 6, 2013.

1. COSSIEDRIFT

COSSIEDRIFT Member

I canceled today as daughter has gone into hospital so there's one space.

2. n1tr0_9

n1tr0_9 Member

Im also going to have to pull out. Ill still head down to see if i can sell my ticket or get it transferred.

3. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

Does anyone have a power cable for GoPro hd2 they can bring and lend me? I have a USB plug socket just need the cable.

4. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Member

I have one for my 3 unsure if it's the same tho mate

5. stichy

stichy Member

Ive got my gopro lead if you need it. Im in the panda 86

6. Phil G

Phil G Active Member

Great day at Lydden spectating again today. Great to see so many people there and all the winter projects having a shakedown. There were a couple of incidents where the flags were out and no one seems to pay a bind bit of attention which really needs to be addressed but other than that a spot on day and well done Lez for another top day

7. leeturbo387

leeturbo387 Member

:thumbs::thumbs:Top day once again lez ,I wasnt feeling it first thing but the drift bug is back with a bang ,Roll on the next one :thumbs::thumbs::smokin::smokin::smokin::cool::cool::

#227 leeturbo387, Feb 16, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013
  8. blitz the dog

blitz the dog Member

I had a great day, a nice chilled atmosphere but Jesus Christ some people need to learn the meaning of the flags! I don't understand how it takes a marshal to actually have to walk out on track in front of people to make them stop at the pit lane for the red flag!!

Apart from that well done for another great day.

9. Marg

Marg Member

was a cool day! had a laugh passengering and crewing for loose.

i didnt notice some people ignoring flags, but at the same time, there was spins and people everywhere and marshalls having a little chat when the next cars are flat out in to a carnage corner....

no ones perfect :)

thanks for a good day. :) mad driving.

10. Glenbmx

Glenbmx Member

Banging day Lez, fantastic start to the year just wish you coulda been out there with the crew!

11. LongR

LongR Active Member

Awesome day guys. First one up at Lydden hill and was great experience...

Cheers to Lez and few others for giving us the interview for my mates documentary.

12. Phil2002

Phil2002 Member

Awesome day well done lez! roll on April.

13. Power granger

Power granger New Member

Really good day can't wait for the next one

14. eurospec

eurospec Member

Was a good day, first time at lydden and first time in s14. Missed my first session though due to the massive que at signing on, seemed the que was full of people doing paperwork for passenger rides seemed to make it move real slow.

15. stichy

stichy Member

Had a great day, well done lez. Well worth the 5 hour drive down.
    Looking forward to the next one.

16. matt|H

matt|H Member

Had an awesome day despite plowing into the barriers on one of my first laps. Soon got the hang of it though and can't wait to go again and improve further.

My first time at Lydden and first time out of a playpen but even I was getting annoyed with people slowing down and essentially queing up for entry :( several times we had to stop!

Regarding flags... These weren't actually explained in the briefing despite the bloke saying he was going to. For a first timer like me that's quite important but I had it explained by mates anyway...

17. R32 GTR

R32 GTR Active Member

Flag problem is easy to solve. If you dont pay attention to flags you're banned from your next session. Simples

18. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

Evening hope everyone had a good day, All in all i felt the day when well, dispite issues at the beginning of the day with signing in. Many thanks to you all for the turn out and to those that make these days possible, we couldnt do it without them.
    I do have a few issues,
    First is people ignoring flags they are there for your safety and the safety of others around you, it is your jobs as drivers to look for them and obey them, they aren't just being waved for the fun of it.
    Second is people swapping wrist bands, mainly passenger ones but there where one or two drivers aswell, you may think that paying is all about lydden trying to make money but it isn't, again its about safety and a duty of care, We caught a few today and it will not be tolerated.
    Third i'm sad to say is aimed at one indvidual, The COCK in the white chaser that decided to be a hero, skidding out of the paddock and up the hill. Its idiots like you that give will see the end to drifting at circuits, Drifters get a bad rap at the best of times without twats like you adding to it. If you want to skid do it on the track that many of us work hard to supply you with.

19. Edmard

Edmard Member

Brilliant day today. Was the first time that I've been to one of these and it was really cool seeing everyone tearing it up (sometimes literally)

Got a few pics with my mums compact camera lol. I'll have to get an SLR for next time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Will be posting these up on my tumblr real soon along with all the others I'm editing at the mo.

20. Edmard

Edmard Member

oh and I forgot this pic. Shame it came out worse than it looked but I said I would post it up here :)

[​IMG]