Southwall Smokers....... Lydden Hill Drift Day 16th Feb 2013

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by lezbrucelee, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Car Media

Car Media Doughnut eater

Owned! ;)

2. Phil-Me-Up

Phil-Me-Up Member

exatly its so close to us it would be stupid to go all teh way to pod when lydden is 10 mins away and alot more fun :D

and yeh if ur all orginized can change a set in like 2 mins lol we banged a set on well quick, slamed it in, up on the jack, werrly guns FTW, droped and off we go....
    no real stress just got on with it :D ... if u get stresed about changing wheels maby drifting aint for u

#42 Phil-Me-Up, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  3. Ricky Emery

Ricky Emery Active Member

Im not worried about stress but rushing around doing 2 minute tyre changing isn't what i want to be doing on a practice day. I'll save that for competition thanks!

4. Gavwan

Gavwan Back to Black

Save your moaning for competition too ya fanny

The last "Open pit" session they did on the last session of the last day turned into dodgems. Even with the newer drivers driving thru the elbow quite quickly or doing less comitted entries ended in some near misses with me and others.

Not opinion Rick, fact.
    I've done 2 of the grouped days and they are awesome. FCD worked great at Mallory with 30 odd drivers on a bigger track (can you guess why?)

5. Phil G

Phil G Active Member

Fuck me morgan you are an idiot lol

its great for people to learn in the novice group as a track is bigger speeds and better than a pen at the pod. however i always recommend the pod first to anyone.

the intermediate group is fun because most people know how to handle the car and can push their abilities

the pro group is great t watcha nd pic up techniques, its just a shame that lydden is such a tyre killer which disagrees with the groups format.

i think how it is set up at the moment is probably the best for seat time. to be honest it takes me about 30mins to sort the car and change tyres anyway

hopefully i can make it to this day but we shall see closer to the time

6. blitz the dog

blitz the dog Member

I don't mind an open pit lane with less experienced drivers on track at the same time, it keeps me on my toes! It's fun getting around the slower drivers while very sideways and also avoiding the ones spinning out in front of you without loading them up. I also like having to get a move on so the less experienced drivers don't try some close twinning with you - I save my damage for comps. lol!

If it's busy, I can sit and chill. No pressure - just a fun day!

.........Oh, Ricky is still a cock.

7. Phil-Me-Up

Phil-Me-Up Member

Bit un called for, but then u are an alligator so i dont expect any diffrent :p

8. leeturbo387

leeturbo387 Member

For my two pence worth lydden works brilliantly and the only practice i had any where else was arena essex on a wet track doing probably 40 mph.Lydden is excellent though it does eat tyres ,Oh and Ricky 5 laps from your tyres is way to long lol im doing that in wat ive got ha ha .These days that Lydden hill and Lez put on have to work like they do to get the numbers The groups work fine and ive moved to pro coz thats were my driving ability (apparently) is now ,I found that the last time they had open pit lane {sundayafternoon}of the drift week end that it was shit ,Cars all over the place and mainly in the gravel traps , I DONT think i did a complete lap in 25 mins .Thats my 2 pence worth over .Bring on the next day yipeeeeeeee oh and stop fucking moaning ,KEEP DRIFTING FUN

9. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

this was the day in jan 2012 yeh?

100% agree it was the best skid day ive ever done, chilled, seat time etc etc...

but now this has become regular thing we have to adjust tbh mate, the group thing is a pain admitidly but just get on with it i guess ;)

its better than no lydden hill aint it ;)

10. Ricky Emery

Ricky Emery Active Member

Yes mate was an awesome day until my clutch let go :(

Yeah I realise that for the days too go ahead they need the numbers and that's the format that makes the days work best. That's fair enough.

11. COSSIEDRIFT

COSSIEDRIFT Member

Would shorter sessions work better? More sessions per day but less wasted time for those that run out of rubber mid session? This will be my 1st lydden hill day. 1st day in the bm and its a different ball game to my old 14a so i'm not sure how i'l get on.

12. Chimp

Chimp Member

Bit of a shame about the 130 in the day charge. I think a few people will be put off by that. I like making the decision on the day

13. dingdong

dingdong Member

Stop going on u fuck sticks! lydden was undeside last year wether they were going to do drifts in 2013 now there taking numbers minges

14. leeturbo387

leeturbo387 Member

Oh yes ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

15. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

Ur one miserable Fuck arent ya. Its 130 on 5he day to encourage people to book in advance. If everyone decided to just leave it til the last min we'd be cancelling days all the time. Dont see why people can't organise themselfs in advance. Besides it was 130 on the day last year too so nothing has changed

16. Chimp

Chimp Member

Oh was it? Haha. Shows how organised I am. I'm only winding you up Lez :-)

17. Clive

Clive Active Member

:worthy::worthy:

forgot the OLDDDDD MANNN :D

18. Chimp

Chimp Member

Everyone seemed to find something to moan about so that was the only thing left lol.

19. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

You've changed ever since u got that licence :D

20. Chimp

Chimp Member

Haha don't you start. You been hanging around pork chop Morgan too much Lez ;-)