Southwall Smokers... Lydden Hill Drift Day 27th April 2013

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by lezbrucelee, Mar 6, 2013.

1. james_eurospec

fair point mate, less time for the cars to actually get broken :(
    have you been before?

2. LiamE36

LiamE36 Active Member

Yes...

3. james_eurospec

fair enough

4. COSSIEDRIFT

COSSIEDRIFT Member

I've not been before but it sounds like it's going to be shit for seat time. knew i should of booked Snetterton again instead

5. Max-san

Max-san Member

5 groups will be hectic, cant see it working from what I´ve expirienced from most of the Lydden days last year.
    To many people in one group anyway and after someone goes off the track, your session will be over before he gets recovered. Imagine the tire guys, dump your tires after the first session together with 50 other pairs, and if you´re lucky you get them back in the evening :(

6. Glenbmx

Glenbmx Member

Hope Lydden don't go ahead with running an extra group, no offence to those who didn't get a ticket in time but their seriously taking the piss now. Instead of the 'extra group' they should do a reserve list for those who don't make it for any reason.

Not sure how much longer people are gonna put up with Lydden's greed...

#146 Glenbmx, Apr 22, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  7. dingdong

dingdong Member

^^^ 100% agree lydden will lose out if they carry on being greddy cunts shame as it's a amzing track :(

8. lozza

lozza ChickFoot FTW!

Lez whats the maximum amount of cars in each group?

9. Clive

Clive Active Member

1 beginners

2 inters

1 experienced

On a usual day.

10. cliodan26

cliodan26 Member

regret not booking snetterton now =/

11. Momanatorz

Momanatorz Member

It does say that max groups will be 4 (2 inters usually) but if they put 5, that's stupid. I also missed out on a ticket. Please sell me yours!

But if there's 5 group. i dont want one!

12. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Member

If they are going to add an extra group then they should make it a longer day to make up for lost seat time, but i doubt they can do that due to noise restrictions...

Be a shame if it goes that way as Lydden is awesome fun, i think Snetterton could become rather popular if its the case.

13. mikeyce30

mikeyce30 Member

I have been to every Lydden hill drift day done by les and the boys and love them.

Hate to say it but greed is getting the better of them now and if they add a fifth group I will not return to Lydden and start going somewhere else. Seat time is getting a joke now as when it first started it was open pit lane and that was awesome everyone is just getting to grips with the setup and it changes.

What a joke

14. Rhys

Rhys Member

I love lydden its a great track but i totally agree it will ruin it if they add any more people it needs less not more, i got loads off videos that i can show from the last one and i have seen the m25 with less traffic, with 25 cars on the track at once which aint that big u end up with about 2car spaces between cars and if everyone has to stop drifting if a yellow flags up (even when the spun car is in a safe place and just waiting to pull back on when its clear) or have to come in if u get a tiny bit off a flapper u spend about 10 mins out off 15 driving around, i would rather pay more and have less cars, please dont ruin what is a great track for drifting by greed

15. Rhys

Rhys Member

And when i booked they had 4 groups pro, pro/inter, inter and nov wouldn't this seperate the skill levels better rather than having 2 inters with wide range off skills in 2 groups, as its sold out every time why not do once a month instead off every 2months?

16. james_eurospec

Apparently the noise it's mostly car sounds, it's the tyres screeching. Surely if people start complaining to tracks then more of it will be done on the roads ( exactly what the public don't want) lydden should put a massive middle finger up to complaints near the track because the council would rather the odd track complaint than everyday road complaints surely!

- - - Updated - - -

*its not

17. Tomislav

Tomislav Member

Real long shot here but if anyone ends up with a spare intermediate or beginner ticket i'll gladly take it off ya hands, money waiting!

18. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

I emailed willie yesterday about the extra group situtation and he said that if they ran an extra group then they would restructure the day so noone would lose seat time, i.e there would be no break for lunch. I dont think its greed on lyddens part i think its more they are trying to be helpful in accomadating those that dont have a ticket.

19. halesy

halesy Member

I really hope they don't run a 5th group it will be rubbish even if they do scrap lunch only my opinion.
    Seat time was bugger all last time in my opinion snetterton runs so well best drift day I've been to Lydden needs to run like this !

20. littleT_23

littleT_23 Member

Also. Can lydden make sure there's a line free on the dummy grid so people can go out if they ve had to go off early during there session. I had to come off during my session and couldn't get back out as the next group was lined up and had 5 mins left of me session. Very annoying.