spec r sr20det or spec s 2jz

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by nikiel159, May 6, 2020.

1. nikiel159

nikiel159 New Member

Hi all im looking to buy myself an s15 dream car and i have two options which are the same value its either buy an nissan silvia s15 spec r with the sr20det engine or buy a spec s and put a 2jz engine it it im looking for 500 horsepower i also could rebuild and forge the sr20det engine but will it achieve the 500hp also which one would hold the better value over the years ,anyone could help me decide on this one that was in the same position also the car is going to be a weekend car so no drifting competitions maybe a roundabout or two occasionally

2. crazyae86

crazyae86 Well-Known Member

+ for 2jz for sure

3. chopaholic

chopaholic Well-Known Member

Spec S and then 2JZ. I have done the same with a 1JZ.

• Like Like x 1
  4. nikiel159

nikiel159 New Member

could you tell what parts have you used what hp are you ruining and what was the total price of this swap?

5. s15-newbie

s15-newbie Member

from my view the s15 stay pretty constant in price, while skylines and rx7 raising much more (especially R32 GT-R). what i note is, that the spec-s seams to get closer in sale prices to spec-r. i mean, the worth gap gets smaller but of course still exist.
    at all its hard to say if a stock s15 will be more worth later compared to a spec-s with 500hp 2jz. if i could decide i would go the spec-s way.

thats what i have done 2x times, getting a spec-s and swapping a rb26 into it. (one currently under construction).

6. nikiel159

nikiel159 New Member

why did you chose the rb26 over the 1jz or 2jz