speeding with court summons...

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by bengravenell, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bengravenell

bengravenell Active Member

2. FireStorm999

FireStorm999 Active Member

If you can look into it im pretty certain these things have to be professionally calibrated each 6months/1year not just tested in the local plod carpark........

Like all testing equipment, if its not calibrated its potentially giving BS readings.

3. Bustedbikez

Bustedbikez Member

I was told they have to check the accuracy everyday, not sure how though :S

4. bengravenell

Well im just goin plead guilty and have to take what ever they give me but just didnt no to do it via post or in court and have a bit of a say about them hiding and dressed all in black and about my job etc

5. FireStorm999

If your going to present mitigating circumstances, then go to court, but didnt realise you could go to court to plead guilty, as that kind defeats the option of saving them time etc.

6. bengravenell

Yeah its allowing me to go in and explain i think and. show wht etc

7. FireStorm999

go in with a letter from your employer.

Say sorry no excuse etc etc............

and hope for the best.

your getting fucked, just how much depends on the judge.

I had an african lady in before me who stole her boyfriends car, had no license, no insurance, hit a fence outside a school gate at 3:30.

she got a 30day ban and a 120quid fine......

8. bengravenell

[​IMG]

Yeah just hope the judge gets layed the night before

9. bengravenell

And she was bloody lucky

10. FireStorm999

Try to make sure somehow, without lying, that you really dont have much money spare each month.

the more you have spare, the more your fine will be and the less time you will have to pay it.

11. bengravenell

The points and fine will be no problem as long as there not 9 points, obviously i wont say this that the fine is no problem lol, but its just the ban im worried about (as long as its not a lengthy one)

12. bengravenell

Ive read 90 day ban is longest you can get for speeding as long as your not prosecuted fpr dangerous or wreckless with it

13. FireStorm999

The court might decide that 80+ in a 40 is dangerous driving.

14. Drift Mekanik

Drift Mekanik Member

Plead guilty by post.. you will get extra credits for that. You may escape a ban if you have migigating circumstances such as you need a licence for work etc etc...

You will not be summonsed for anything other than speed......

I know.... I ahve worked in the Criminal Justice System for 8+ years.... seen it all a thousand times before!!

15. Drift Mekanik

Drift Mekanik Member

Its not up to the court... its up to the CPS! The CPS are short staffed, under paid, over worked and dont even have time to give reviews on Major cases, let along simple speeding. They are in financial hardship and looking almost set to dispand and pass prosecutions back to the Polcie, like 20 years ago!!! - The summons says speeding, then speeding it is!

If they want to do more, it had to be laid to the court within 6 months minus 1 days, they cant just add offences when they feel like it... there are ways and legislation that alows a court to deviate a little, but not by a great margin......

This is a speeding case and will be dealt with as speeding... 150% sure on that!

16. FireStorm999

I was about to ask you to explain, but you did so cheers for clearing that up.

il leave my post up for ppl.

You learn something new everyday.

17. bubblesjs

bubblesjs I like wheel slips

to be honest, I think you deserve to be banned. 85 in a 40 is very cuntish imo.
    oh and btw, my mate got caught doing 55 through harrietsham which is a 40 in the middle of the night and he got 3 points, so if he got that for 15mph over the limit, I'd say you're gonna get fucked for doing over double the limit. prepare to have the ability to easily slide bowling balls in and out of your bumhole for the next few months.

18. bengravenell

Yeah the summons says just for excess speed and nothing else so hopefully just speeding, and thanks for all the info

19. Drift Mekanik

Drift Mekanik Member

No Probs... Its all about information must be laid to court witihin the 6 month Statatory Time Limit. Section 6 of the Magistrates Court Act explains that information coming to light after this date can, in some circumstances be accepted by a court.... but speeding is an absolute offence... you either did or you didn't. If prosecution wanted to go for a dangerous driving offence, they would have needed to issue a summons for that too. Its then for a court to decide which to go with... but if its just the one summons, then its just the one offence.

To put end to the lines about callibration of this equipment.... give up with it... now-a-days most police equipment such as speed gunbs, PDA, ESD (Electronic Screening Device) ((breathalizer)) all have to be callibrated monthly for them to actually work at all. Most of these will start up on the button, show an error message and auto shutdown so cannot be used if out of date.... hence that defence is now going obsolete in this new era of technology.... Sorry for bad spelling.. just got home after a 15 hour shift at worl!!!!!

Always happy to help and advise!

20. Drift Mekanik

Drift Mekanik Member

Can I just add.... I scraped a guy off the road today due to speeding in bad weather on a motorbike travelling too fast on the off side of stationary traffic and didnt see the Renault Scenic turning quite legally with 3 kids in the car just collected from school!!!.... I dont condone it!!!

But I will give factual advice on topics I know about!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.