SR16Ve RWD engine Price drop

Thread in 'Parts for sale' started by Sparcoxs, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Sparcoxs

Sparcoxs New Member

Add in the factor of labour having the engine built, all the machine work to perfect the piston bores for the new pistons and headwork it soon mounts up. I'm no engine builder or anything but I know what it's cost me to up until now. If this was a JRE Vauxhall engine I'd have my hand bitten off at that price!

As I said. Open to offers but only selling it for £2k ish isn't feasible

2. yogi bear

yogi bear Active Member

Out of curioisity... what was the engine meant to be used for? I'm assuming for some kind of naturally aspirated series of some sort? If I was converting a det motor with a ve head. I would most def be building it as a turbo.

Was a turbo block used or a non turbo?

I'm not disputing it's cost to build and I even priced up a ve head on my current Sr build. And costs soon mounted up which ended up my saying enough is enough and stuck with the det head. My sr engine has cost me the best part of 10k even with a det head
    But no one on here is likely to buy a motor like that for that kind of money. Basically because a turbo motor is a. Cheaper, b. Easier to tune, and c. Most people on dw ain't got a pot in which to piss.

3. Munkul

Munkul Active Member

yeah to get some more interest dude you really need to know your specs. What's been done with the bottom end? crank balanced? Rods? rod bolts? Pistons? what compression ratio?

Not that I have a pot to piss in either, but i would be interested to know what i COULD get for my money other than a box of random parts.

4. Sparcoxs

Sparcoxs New Member

Back to the top and a lil more info

Recently built and put together by Lebdwith Racing over in Ireland.

Full build with new ACL race bearings from G-Spec
    Mating the VVL head to the SR20 block with all required machining work
    Block bored to 87mm
    CP Pistons
    1600cc VVL crank
    1600 VVL rods
    Standard Valve Train
    VZR cams
    Metal head gasket
    New VVL water pump
    G-Spec adjustable cam gears
    Mazworx solenoid re-location kit
    Mazworx RWD VVL Oil pump
    Jenvey Throttle bodies with filter,injectors (require inlet manifold

Also have the standard injection system sitting in the shed as well as an S14 gearbox.

All built using Mazworx & G-Spec components for the RWD conversion.
    The ultimate 1600 engine that in standard form pushes 180bhp,
    Brian at Ledwith Racing has all the knowledge and kit to complete the setup etc of this engine.

Many brand new components imported from America for the RWD conversion as well as bearings,rings,water pump, lightweight pulleys, gaskets, pistons etc

Sadly time has seen my project go on forever and desire to complete it has gone & shell sold.

Any reasonable offers welcome. Will be a very competitive engine in the right hands or just a solid reliable Jap engine for a road going car.

Thanks,
    Rob