Sr20det wont run right

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Urnes_s14_on_ig, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Urnes_s14_on_ig

Hey. Finnally got my sr20det started after hydrolock. But it wont idle right when warm and when i took it for a testdrive it just died as soon as i hit an uphill.
    I have replaced Tps, replaced intake gasket, cleaned iacv, but it still doesnt run right.
    It goes up and down on idle between 500 and 900 rpm. Car has no maf and no bov, and maxxecu.
    Can someone help? :(

2. Urnes_s14_on_ig

Also, when it died and i tried starting it again, there was alotnof white-ish smoke coming from the exhaust but the car wouldt start, i then rolled it down on flat ground and it started right up..

3. tomsheen

tomsheen Active Member

You said hydro locked. Waste of time doing anything else before you compression test it. Could be bent Conrod.

4. Urnes_s14_on_ig

Have compression testet it

5. Urnes_s14_on_ig

Changed plugs and relocater coil ground to intake manifold. Took it for a drive to the gas station tu put some fuel in but no differense. I feel like the turbo spool was alot louder and when i had 30% throttle the car died. Have changed about all i could think of and will also change fuel pressure regulator. Does anyone have some tips to what to check?

6. Urnes_s14_on_ig

Problem was: Timingchain had jumped xD